Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Architects - For Those That Wish to Exist (February 26, 2021) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by zsoty27, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Remember Early Grave? That was my jam back in the day.

2. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I don’t know if I agree with “samey”. They were clearly evolving into what they are now.

3. I'd agree in the sense that Lost Forever and All Our Gods were really formulaic. Holy Hell did change it up slightly, but hearing this one includes more industrial influences excites me A LOT.

beachdude likes this.
  4. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

All Our Gods, and Holy Hell both I thought had some great tracks. But also some tracks that were pretty mediocre. All our Gods more so. I thought Holy Hell was more interesting throughout. Animal is so good though. Can't wait.

beachdude likes this.
  5. Crisp X Nov 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 19, 2020)

I'm into it. It's kind of Sevendust-y and I guess this is also reminiscent of The Here And Now's rockier songs. The vocals sound a bit weird though, like if I had first heard it in middle of a playlist, I wouldn't have recognized Sam. Is Josh or Adam singing parts of the chorus?

beachdude likes this.
  6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

The livestream yesterday was sick! Both new songs were excellent... Dead Butterflies gave me chills.

7. Wait, I had no idea about a livestream. Is it available anywhere?

beachdude likes this.
  8. It’s still available for 72 hours I think

Crisp X and beachdude like this.
  9. beachdude

Veeps

Like Drew said though it's only available until Tuesday.

Crisp X likes this.
  10. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

You were not kidding. Chills through the whole song.

beachdude likes this.
  11. Thanks for the link!

I just finished watching it and I was blown away by the whole thing and especially the new songs. I have to echo the praise for Dead Butterflies. It sounds HUGE. This horn section/orchestral element feels like the logical evolution of the ambient/post-rock influences they inject into their usual style. I can't recall the name of the other one at the moment, but it was a banger and should please those who were worried about the single. Speaking of it, Animals goes off much more in a live setting!

And now I'm bummed to be reminded we still have to wait 3 months for the album. From what we've heard so far, it truly has the potential to catapult them to the next level.

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Very excited for the new songs!

13. It’s one of my favorites on the album - hopeful it’s a single

14. If the wiki page is to be believed, this will be their longest album with a total runtime of 58:21.

15. legend

Crisp X, beachdude and Carrow like this.
  16. yes it's that long

17. Tomozaurus

Regular

okay this one is an absolute belter

Crisp X and beachdude like this.
  18. beachdude

Fuck yeah, this album is gonna rule.

19. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah Black Lungs slaps

beachdude likes this.
  20. Bane

The spiciest meme

Animals has grown on me after giving it some time since my first listen, and this one is solid too. Chorus on this one is a bit on the weaker side but it's not bad. I already said how much I appreciated that they're trying to mix up their sound for this album, and that still holds true.

Also I realized that the chugging that makes up the bulk of Animals reminds me of Red Stars by The Birthday Massacre, and that actually makes me happy lol

21. Holy shit this GOES.

22. The vocals, maybe the way they're processed or layered, still bug me but this remains a banger.

23. tvck

Trusted

god damn this is a banger

beachdude likes this.
  24. tvck

Trusted

Sam sounds so good on these 2 tracks too

beachdude likes this.
  25. Cmoney86

Trusted

Dead Butterflies is being released next week on the 20th as a single

Crisp X, zsoty27 and beachdude like this.