Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arcane Roots Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Aug 14, 2017.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Arcane Roots are a three-piece alternative rock band from Kingston Upon Thames, England. Founded by guitarist and vocalist Andrew Groves and former drummer Daryl Atkins, the band is known for their energetic live shows, and incorporating progressive music, math rock and indie rock into a popular song format.

2. beachdude

These guys are getting more popular in the UK, but are extremely underrated here in the States. Such a unique and well-done mix of styles, and I really think they have the potential to be a band that introduces progressive rock music to a new generation of rock fans.

3. beachdude

I've just been getting into these guys, absolutely blown away. @CoffeeEyes17 I'm eager to hear your thoughts when you get the chance to listen

4. beachdude

This band's new album "Melancholia Hymns" dropped yesterday and is seriously incredible, give it a listen!

5. BlackJak094

I have the fury of my own momentum.

Between the bands fan base being extremely positive about the shift in sound on Melancholia Hymns and BBC Radio premiering all of the singles, I'm really hoping this album does well. I've only been a fan since Heaven and Earth but all their material is fantastic, hopefully the new sound can help them find a larger audience.

I'd suggest anyone see this band live if given the chance. I've seen them twice (supporting Fightstar / Coheed and Cambria) and they are phenomenal. Hoping I can catch them on a headlining date soon to see how the new songs translate.

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. Gooddayz

always and forever

Dang Off the Floor is wild!

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. Gooddayz

always and forever

So after my first listen this was real interesting! I'm not sure if I'm really liking the production or if it's holding it back for me.

BlackJak094 and beachdude42 like this.
  8. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Got into them around the launch of the EP (saw them supporting Fightstar with no knowledge of their stuff, holy shit best supporting act I've ever seen), and love Heaven and Earth as well as Blood and Chemistry. Was initially a bit mixed on the new album, but it's grown on me a lot over repeated listens and it's definitely up there in my top 3 albums of the year, possibly even higher in time. It just works so well as a cohesive album, and the amount of time and thought that went into it is extremely evident. I wouldn't change anything about it, and think Indigo, Matter and Arp just to name a few are some of the best songs they've ever written.

And yeah, definitely go see them live if you get the chance. Going to London to see them next month and really interested to see how the tracks translate live (Curtains, Matter and Off the Floor were great when I saw them a few months ago at Bush Hall). One of the best live bands ever, no exaggeration.

beachdude42 likes this.
  9. Gooddayz

always and forever

I was trying to think who the production reminded me off and it sounds a lot like Destrier by Agent Fresco. After another listen I think it works well, the album is so fluid and cohesive.

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. Gooddayz

always and forever

This just keeps getting better! The ending of Curtains hits so hard right into Solemn.

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. Gooddayz

always and forever

Also the pacing of this record is fantastic

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. BlackJak094

I have the fury of my own momentum.

Melancholia Hymns ended up charting number 56 in the UK album charts, disappointing considering that the band posted on Facebook a few days ago that it was in the top 10 mid-week.

13. beachdude

That is disappointing hmmm... Hopefully it does well for them still.

14. beachdude

Album is incredible still. The whole pacing and atmosphere is perfect.

Gooddayz likes this.
  15. Gooddayz

always and forever

With this and The Contortionist I have my prog cravings satisfied :ok:

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. beachdude

Back this 100%, two phenomenal albums. Check out the new Caligula’s Horse album too, I had a friend recommend me it based on my love of these two albums and I was extremely impressed!

Gooddayz likes this.
  17. Gooddayz

always and forever

Yeah thanks for the rec! I actually stumbled upon that band the other day through the "albums in store" post. I've only been able to check out one song so far though, which was Songs for No One. I saw the album was long so I got intimidated haha

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Brand New are my favourite band, and Science Fiction absolutely slays, but I think this may top it to be my AOTY. It's basically perfect, and an incredible emotional ride from start to finish. Arp gives me chills every time.

19. Gooddayz

always and forever

It's an album you gotta listen to all the way each time. Everything fits so well together

beachdude42 likes this.
  20. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

this album fucking rules. i just picked it up randomly from the kerrang list and my mind is blown. goddamn

Gooddayz and beachdude42 like this.
  21. Gooddayz

always and forever

This album gonna land in the bottom half of my top ten. It's so freakin good

beachdude42 likes this.
  22. Placed in my top 5 this year - missed their Irish shows a couple of months back but I think I fancy a trip abroad to see them next year...

Gooddayz and beachdude42 like this.
  23. beachdude

Yeah this album fucking rules, definitely in my Top 10.

Gooddayz likes this.
  24. beachdude

Re-listening to Blood & Chemistry for the first time in a while... This band is just phenomenal.

25. lina555

Regular

Really cool videos. I fell in love with it! Cool and repeat. Chorus is awesome. ( first video the most great for me)

beachdude42 likes this.