Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arcade Fire Top The Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Arcade Fire have the number one album in the country this week:

The album, which was released July 28 through Columbia Records, earned 100,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Aug. 3, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 94,000 were in traditional album sales.

2. Chuck!

Regular

The reviews have been pretty brutal, but I've been loving this album

goation likes this.
  3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Friend of mine said this was a frustrating release....can't decide if I wanna check it out or not

4. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

Every ticket included an album (CD)...that helped sales for sure. It's gonna make a nice coaster.

5. Album has been growing on me a lot lately - chemistry is still horrid but even the worst arcade fire is better than most albums

6. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

It still seems lazy to me, but the full songs on it are some quality.

With the exception of Chemistry of course.

7. Iamhollywood315

Regular

overrated hipster band. If you see anyone in Austin Texas with skinny jeans and a handlebar mustache eating at taco deli or torchys they probably have this shit record on repeat all week

Jake Z likes this.
  8. Bass0820

I've been on a huge Arcade Fire kick the past couple week now, really going through their discography. This album is absolute trash compared to the other four albums. What were they thinking

9. Muzick

Didn't realize there was some weird hate for this album. I've been really loving it, except for "Chemistry."

But fantastic album and some homage to Abba and the disco era.

Serenity Now likes this.
  10. DearCory

Regular

Have been a casual fan over the years, but really liked Reflektor. Other than loving the track Everything Now, I can't do this album... I find myself doing one of those wide-eye-side-eye-rolls pretty frequently

11. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I know Ive heard of this band, but I can't name any songs right off my head... Even wiki'ing them, Im lost.... What are their big songs...?

12. SPine

Trusted

Wake Up is the one most people know, Rebellion (Lies), Keep The Car Running, Ready to Start were the big ones from the first few. Everything Now is the big single off the new album.

13. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Wake up didnt sound familiar, nor does Everything Now. Weird. Whats getting airplay in the US??

14. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

They're a massive band but that doesn't mean they're on the radio frequently

Steeeve Perry likes this.
  15. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

OK. Today, coming in to work, on the radio.... The DJ is talking, with the song playing in the back, getting ready to let the song go.... and I hear it in the background, and thinking - soundsl ike 80s.... old, maybe kraftwerk or something synthy...

Then he says 'Arcade Fire - Everything Now' and I listen for a few seconds.... Sorry, not for me. Is that considered 'pop punk' ? Sounds like top 40 to me

16. DooDooBird

Trusted

I don't understand the hate or criticism towards this album. A couple songs on here are trash, but I feel like all of their albums have had a few "skippers" on them.

Serenity Now likes this.
  17. SPine

Trusted

It's grown on me already. I watched Win's interview with Zane Lowe and made me like it a lot more with context.

Serenity Now likes this.
  18. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Yes, Arcade Fire is the definitive pop-punk band

Serenity Now and Chuck! like this.
  19. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I had the same thing(s) happen to me. I feel like this band gets a lot of misdirected criticism for being "hipster" or "eccentric" because of the types of fans they have. If you watch the interview below, Win seems like a down to earth, easy going, chill dude instead of some pompous hipster.