Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arcade Fire - Everything Now (July 28,2017) Album • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I've only been super meh on "Everything Now" (song). While I think the band's progression and diversity of material is one of their most admirable assets, I can't lie...I'm really looking forward to if and when they come back to their anthemic indie rock roots.

2. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Spends too much time caring about the rollout

3. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Yes. It's kind of crazy how much they put into the roll out.

Also, I hate their twitter.

4. Kyle is hk

I meant the review not the band haha

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  5. Jim

Trusted Supporter

haha whoops. my brain is fried from work.

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea that's two CoS reviews I've read in a row that just focus on the weirdest aspects of the album. Who gives a damn if it was a surprise album or a 6 year rollout - none of that should really matter for the end product.

Kyle is hk likes this.
  7. Jim

Trusted Supporter

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  8. I think this album will be average which for a band as talented as Arcade Fire is incredibly disappointing - I really like creature comfort and Electric Blue so we should see.

This band is just capable of so much more

Craig Manning likes this.
  9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I liked "Creature Comfort" okay, but wasn't bowled over or anything. Really don't like the title track. Haven't listened to the other new songs yet. They just don't seem to be going in an interesting direction, and Reflektor kind of just soured me on them in general (though I liked it at first).

10. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. radiodead

Trusted

I do hope that the CoS review is more of them trying to ride the wave of backlash rather than being a legit review. I find Stereogum and P4K align more with my tastes generally. So we'll see.

More "Everything Now", "Creature Comfort", and "Electric Blue". Less "Signs of Life" and "Chemistry".

12. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

P4k has in the past been so afraid to review them poorly given that Arcade Fire basically launched their empire. They have torn the singles apart. Sub 5 review coming.

Craig Manning likes this.
  13. Kyle is hk

14. Craig Manning

I still can't believe they gave Reflektor a 9.2.

15. radiodead

Trusted

I agree they overrated Reflektor big time. But "so afraid" is kind of a stretch considering their first 3 albums are generally considered great to life changing. And by your own admission they have panned most of the new singles.....so one overly positive review of one album (that got rave reviews elsewhere) is what we're talking about here. Doesn't seem like they're going out of their way to love on AF. Most of the love is warranted.

16. Kyle is hk

I do like Reflektor enough but it's pretty insane they gave it higher scores than Neon Bible and The Suburbs.

radiodead likes this.
  17. kbeef2 Jul 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 21, 2017)
    kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

If you're the kind of person who wants everything now, it's out there...

(Rip quality is kinda bad tho)

18. zmtr

Trusted

I warmed up to Reflektor but I never go back and listen to it.

Funeral > Suburbs > Neon Bible for me.

I haven't touched any piece of this since the first single. Going to keep it that way until this Friday.

19. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

First impressions:

I stand by loving the first few tracks released.

Peter Pan is weird but kinda cool.

Chemistry is ....pretty bad. Dang.

Title track is cool.

Electric blue is great.

Good God Damn continues the unsettling suicidal lyrics from Creature Comfort and the funky vibe from Signs Of Life. Solid track, especially Win's vocal performance.

Loving the dark bounce of Put Your Money On Me. When it eventually builds with the acoustic guitar and Regine's vocals kicking in it reminds me of Funeral.

We Don't Deserve Love - holy shittttt this is beautiful. Most people will probably cite it as the best track.

Nice little reprise to close it out.

Really enjoyed the album...just a shame about Chemistry.

radiodead likes this.
  20. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, preordered so def checking the leak

21. Jim

Trusted Supporter

holy shit chemistry sucks haha

22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Kinda mixed on my first couple listens of the record, which pretty much lines up with what I had thought of the four tracks prerelease tracks (I love Creature Comfort, like Everything Now and didn't really think much of Signs of Life and Electric Blue). Creature Comfort, Put Your Money on Me and We Don't Deserve Love are the highlights. As of now, I think it's very easily my least favorite of theirs, although I do like Reflektor more than most.

Oh and yes, Chemistry is fucking BAD.

23. Craig Manning

I did not enjoy this. Seems like it's really lacking in the melody department. A lot of it ran together for me. All my criticisms about Reflektor aside, I think that's a better record than this is.

24. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

Chemistry feels like their first proper misstep as a band.

I've really enjoyed everything up to that song though.

25. Jim

Trusted Supporter

second listen through (while skipping chemistry because fuck that nonsense), i liked this more.

"we dont deserve love" tho.