Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arcade Fire - Everything Now (July 28,2017) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 1, 2017.

1. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I really like Everything Now, its such an easygoing little song. Arcade Fire seems to work best when they're trying to sound like ABBA

2. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  3. radiodead

Trusted

I've never seen popular opinion shift on a band (outside of doing something horrible to warrant it). They've released one album that was critically acclaimed on release (Reflektor) that was probably just ok in retrospect. And all of a sudden they are the coolest band to hate right now. Makes zero sense.

Kyle is hk likes this.
  4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

That pop-up video is delightful.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

This is weird but in a fun way

6. SteveLikesMusic

my god

7. What the fuck is the deal with the underscores in the track listing? Dumb as hell

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

There are only 2 songs like that, and it's pretty clearly done to differentiate them from the other songs of the same name and to play on their concept of this album. Infinite content->age of internet->the underscores make it look more "digitized" or something. I can't think of the right word.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. radiodead

Trusted

Man people are really buying into the hate for this band all of a sudden. Overreacting about underscores now. its incredible how they're being treated by a lot of critics/bloggers. Don't get it at all. And I didn't even like Reflektor.

Kyle is hk, Drewski and Barresi like this.
  10. SteveLikesMusic

We_now_know_how_to_get_under_Daydreamantion's_skin

11. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

It's cool to hate AF now. Wouldn't be surprised if this is their worst-received album by a large stretch based on that alone.

12. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I mean, these new songs are the shit.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  13. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

was super taken back by all the hate they were getting on stereogum lately. comment sections eating them alive. i'm into it tho. glad to see others here are still into it too

14. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

The kids want to be so hard...

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  15. Barresi

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

He said these songs are THE shit lol

contra11mundum and kbeef2 like this.
  17. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Count me as another shocked by the backlash for this rollout and at the band in general. At the end of the day, even if you don't like Reflektor, you'd be hard pressed to not at least agree that it's an interesting stylistic shift. And come on...there are some absolute bangers on it. My only real complaint is it's slightly long in the tooth, but I don't even know what I would cut.

And for all the people hating hard...this band is objectively better live than like 99.9% of other bands. I'll keep seeing them till they call it quits.

Kyle is hk likes this.
  18. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I thought they've always received undue hate.

19. Kyle is hk

Everyone's dying to dunk on LeBron

Barresi and radiodead like this.
  20. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I think their attitude goes a long way in creating this type of backlash. I mean, they've been pretentious as shit lately. They repeatedly said in the last year that this new album is going to "change the world", like come on.

Not saying they deserve the backlash, just that I can kind of see where it's coming from

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I just hated the Reflektor era, they were too much into the theatrics

22. Kyle is hk

I mean Funeral, Neon Bible, and The Suburbs were all theatrical and preachy. (And perfect)

23. Kyle is hk

It's the music world that's changin

24. Barresi

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  25. Kyle is hk

Omg hahaha