Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arcade Fire - Everything Now (July 28,2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

It's funny, I don't feel like it's an awful take, but it's a weird one coming from someone who seemingly only became disillusioned with Reflektor. It's kind of how I've felt about them since The Suburbs. "Assumption that big = epic" has been my complaint with them for 2 albums now. "an urgency they’ve often lost sight of while pursuing the ill-conceived notion of Very Important Dance Rock." <perfect description

There are good songs on every album, so I don't hate them or anything, but deliberate bloat was only a strength on Funeral, imo.

2. radiodead

Trusted

The one part I for sure agree with is that "Creature Comfort" sounds legit.

3. TMS2787

Trusted

I'd venture to say I am still a pretty big fan of Acade Fire but the excitement I felt leading into Neon Bible then The Suburbs and even Refelktor just isn't there for me this time around. I never loved the last album (save for a few tracks) and the single really isn't getting me that excited. I will still be listening to the album with an open mind and open ears the second it comes out. And hopefully they'll add another leg to the tour so I can see them. I caught three shows on the last full USA tour and all where fantastic.

4. zmtr

Trusted

I don't think there's a second of filler on Funeral. Like I've stated before, it took me years to get into this band but I'm borderline obsessed with Funeral now. Neighborhood #4 is a perfect song.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. zmtr

Trusted

And crown of love? Shit, man.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  6. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Yeah, Funeral is a legitimate masterpiece.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Funeral has to be somewhere in my top ten albums for the aughts

interestingly though Neon Bible has what I think is their best song, My Body Is a Cage

8. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Honestly all 4 are tied for me. Orpheus and Eurydice are what really elevate Reflektor for me , the rest is solid, but those two...

9. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I think each of their first three albums are just perfect. Wouldn't change a thing about them. First half of Reflektor is a mixed bag, second half is some of their absolute best stuff.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  10. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

The Suburbs is their masterpiece IMO, but Funeral and Neon Bible are great in their own right. Reflektor has some of their best songs on it but too much filler

11. radiodead

Trusted

I'd rank their albums in order of release. I think each one is a little less than the one before it. Funeral is perfect. Neon Bible is nearly perfect and oddly underrated, it's one flaw is it has some minor tracking issues (the first 3 tracks have an odd flow and I agree with P4K that "No Cars Go" should be the closer and "My Body is a Cage" feels tacked on), The Suburbs is a little bloated but still great. Reflektor sounds like it's made by a great band but I just think it's a good not great record.("Here Comes the Night Time", is a top 10 AF song though, they got that one right)

12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I love the Funeral and Neon Bible, like The Suburbs and Reflektor. I think both Reflektor and The Suburbs have a fair amount of bloat but the highs on Reflektor are generally higher than Suburbs for me outside of Sprawl II.

13. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Tracklist, rumored yesterday then confirmed today via anagrams from the Everything Now Twitter:

1. Everything Now (Slow)
    2. Everything Now
    3. Signs of Life
    4. Creature Comfort
    5. Peter Pan
    6. Chemistry
    7. Infinite Content
    8. Infinite Content (Slow)
    9. Electric Blue
    10. Good God Damn
    11. Put Your Money on Me
    12. We Don't Deserve Love
    13. Everything Now (Continued)

coleslawed and airik625 like this.
  14. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Creature Comfort performance from a different angle (and perhaps a little clearer sound).

Barresi likes this.
  15. radiodead

Trusted

God "Creature Comfort" is gonna be amazing

16. Barresi

What a setlist they played tonight.

SETLIST

Wake Up
    Everything Now
    Haiti
    Here Comes The Night Time
    No Cars Go
    Intervention
    Neon Bible
    The Suburbs (with continued outro)
    In The Backseat
    Ready To Start
    Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
    Reflektor
    Afterlife
    We Exist (I Give You Power intro)
    Creature Comfort
    Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)
    Rebellion (Lies)

ENCORE
    Windowsill

17. radiodead

Trusted

Wow that set list is excellent.

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

always surprised when they don't play My Body Is A Cage, they didn't play it when I saw them either

Ready to Start
    Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
    No Cars Go
    Haiti
    Empty Room
    The Suburbs
    Crown of Love
    Rococo
    Intervention
    We Used to Wait
    Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
    Rebellion (Lies)
    Month of May
    Keep the Car Running
    Encore:
    Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
    Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
    Wake Up

19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I've never seen Arcade Fire live before, but if I ever got the chance - My Body Is A Cage is the track I would want to see the most.

zmtr likes this.
  20. Barresi

I feel like they don't play it often, but they should. Most people I know, myself included, got into Arcade Fire through that song. I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but regardless it seems like it's a fan favorite.

21. radiodead

Trusted

That is easily my least favorite song from their first 2 records. Different strokes I guess.

22. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

So uh...I adore this band and they've given me two of the best shows I've seen in my life.

But HOLY SHIT tickets in the 100's section of Madison Square Garden $116? That is ABSURD.

23. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

They opened with "My Body Is a Cage" when I saw them play Toronto on the Reflektor tour. It was the song I was hoping they would play but didn't expect them to. Now I can die happy.

SteveLikesMusic and airik625 like this.
  24. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I've never been a monster fan of Arcade Fire but I've casually followed them since Funeral and this song is pretty par for the course.

Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
    Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
    Rebellion (Lies)
    Keep the Car Running
    Sprawl II (Mountains Upon Mountains)

They've lost a little bit of their spastic delivery over the years but this new song carries their disco-pop tradition well

25. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Eh...not compared to some
    Other arena shows. Kendrick would be around 150, a big pop star like Katy perry would probably be 200.