Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arcade Fire - Everything Now (July 28,2017) Album • Page 22

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 1, 2017.

1. radiodead

Trusted

Gotta say I understand the record as a whole not being recognized on hardly any lists. I get that, it’s not for everyone

BUT. The fact that the title track is absent from almost every top year end track list is absurd.

mirrorsandfevers likes this.
  2. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

There are a few songs I like on this album. But man, the title track is not one of them. Sounds like a bad ABBA cover band.

3. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Put Your Money On Me should be on every list

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I still should probably give this another spin. I think I only listened once, and I enjoyed the singles enough. Maybe I'll finally spin the record I just had to pre-order, even though I still haven't listened to it.

5. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

ComedownMachine likes this.
  6. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Put your money on Put Your Money On Me

7. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Put Your Money on Me is okay in the context of the album, but ain’t shit compared to their best stuff.

8. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I mean, the title track and Creature Comfort made my most played list this year.

Still incredibly disappointed in the album and wouldn't add either song to my top songs of the year.

mirrorsandfevers likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

JohnR831 likes this.
  11. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

SNL performance was a total bomb.
    Sheesh. What happened to this band???

12. radiodead

Trusted

Huh?

13. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Got my tickets to Philly in July:-):-)

radiodead likes this.
  14. radiodead

Trusted

Played Funeral in full at the Greek.

Entire set looked fantastic. I still stand by this record outside of a handful of tracks. I love the best ones here.

Steve_JustAGuy and Jim like this.
  15. zmtr

Trusted

That would've been incredible. I have yet to see them live.

I love 3 tracks on this album. Including Peter Pan which is wildly unpopular.

radiodead likes this.
  16. radiodead

Trusted

Everything Now/Creature Comfort/Electric Blue/Put Your Money On Me/We Don’t Deserve Love

Those 5 are all worthy entries into the AF canon. Everything else is ok to not very good.

17. mirrorsandfevers

what is the vibe?

overall if Everything Now is seen as their worst album then damn, still a great career.

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Barresi and Kuri44 like this.
  19. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Hoping this is a victorious return to form.

radiodead and Barresi like this.
  20. radiodead

Trusted

I revisited Everything Now this morning. Still like it quite a bit and still think it has revisionist history written all over it in about 10-15 years. Except “Chemistry”

Jim likes this.
  21. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I think "Put Your Money on Me" (aka Arcade Fire meets ABBA) is going to remain a career highlight when all is said and done.

22. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Chemistry is so damn bad haha

23. radiodead

Trusted

“Chemistry”, because it’s bad, and “Good God Damn”, because it’s a snoozefest, are the two that just really don’t work for me at all.

24. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I used to make fun of Peter Pan, but...it's kinda good.

25. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I think the album is enjoyable overall, but the highs aren’t high enough, and the lows are really bad.

Judging from Win Butler’s recent Instagram stories, it seems like the disco era is over, and they’re moving back towards a sound more akin to their first three albums. Obviously hard to judge off a ten second clips, but I’m hopeful.

Jim likes this.