Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arca Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Sophos

Regular

Alejandro Ghersi, better known by his stage name Arca, is a Venezuelan record producer, consultant, mixing engineer and DJ based in Dalston, London. To date he has released two full length records, Xen (2014) and Mutant (2015), and later this year he'll be putting out his third full length titled Reverie. His breakthrough release was 2013's &&&&& mixtape which followed the release of Yeezus, which he worked extensively on. In addition, he is also known for his work with FKA Twigs, Kelela, and Bjork. He is doing huge things in the genre and giving a voice back to the LGBQT+ community in electronic dance music.

2. Sophos

Regular

essential listening:

3. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I like Arca!

4. Sophos

Regular

this is the newest thing he's released. god i cant wait for his new record. his music is just so emotionally devastating to me, his music borders on relentlessly ugly and joyfully beautiful at the same time. so many contradictions coming together in such a perfectly crafted way. he is immensely talented behind the boards, he's had a huge influence on me ever since i heard yeezus and &&&&&. this song tho...just wow

5. Sophos

Regular

and here's a stand out from mutant

so you get the picture of what he sounds like. disjointed club music thats been taken through the ringer until all that remains is the memory of something that's beautiful

6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

god damn 'front load' is good. i need to listen to his albums.

7. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

@Jake Jenkins can you tell me what 'Xen (????? Edition)' is? it's the only version of Xen on spotify.

8. Sophos

Regular

There's two bonus tracks on that one

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

hes a genius

Joel likes this.
  10. Horrorca

Trusted

imagine getting a random call from Björk to work with her on an entire album

11. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

saw Mutant at the record store and I don't think I've ever seen an album cover where I felt "I don't know what this is but I need it" as much as this lol. This record is pretty amazing though, every convention of electronic music sort of goes out the window haha

12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Joel likes this.
  13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

wow that is going to be sick

14. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

hyped for the album but seems like a weird track to lead with

15. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I never got into Mutant for some reason, but Xen is :hearteyes::hearteyes:

Joel likes this.
  16. Inna Selez

Regular

And nasty cover art.

17. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

This song is haunting

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

give mutant another shot. its fucking brilliant, heartbreaking, funny, intelligent, etc. its one of my favorite pieces of art ever

19. Inna Selez

Regular

Video out today!

20. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Anoche is cool too. This is really gonna be a different album, huh?

21. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Can't say I'm loving the direction this is taking but I'll go into the full thing with an open mind

22. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Another one

23. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

V weird but I'm at least enjoying the production on these songs

24. Inna Selez

Regular

My goodness.... :cringe:

25. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I am so into these songs.This album is going to be like a beautiful, Bjorkian, operatic nightmare.