Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Aquaman (James Wan; December 21, 2018) Movie • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Dec 2, 2016.

1. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Got my Thursday tickets and the Mondo glass. STOKED.

2. Joe and justin. like this.
  3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Big win for comic book fans. I’m glad James Wan has what looks like a good film.

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Jason Tate like this.
  5. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Just worried this is one of those "You can only post reactions if they're positive" type of things. I've seen a few people say it's flawed which makes me wonder if they're allowing only positive social media reactions to try to boost early ticket sales?

I mean remember these?

First Reactions To Suicide Squad Call It "Insane" And "Amazing"

Batman V Superman Premiere: Early Reactions Are Overwhelmingly Positive

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

There is a difference between verified accounts having things to say and random Twitter users responding to a free screening they got into...

Davjs likes this.
  8. Wonder how well it'll do domestically.

9. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Gills to pay the bills... aye yai yai.

10. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Just bought tickets to go see it this Saturday through Atom Tickets. If you’re an amazon prime member, you can go a week early.

Davjs likes this.
  11. Serh Dec 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 10, 2018)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought this was... good. There's a lot going on here (it's damn near two and half hours long), and while you'll probably feel the length, I don't see too many people being bored by this. However, a couple subplots could've been shaved off, and none of the villains are especially remarkable. But Momoa kills it every chance he gets, and he's great together with Amber Heard. It's also amazing to look at most of the time, at least in IMAX. It's not incredible overall (and I did feel somewhat underwhelmed in spots seeing it a couple days after Spider-Verse), but it should be enough for DC fans to have faith that things are moving in the right direction

Davjs, drewinseries, airik625 and 2 others like this.
  12. drewinseries

Drew

Music to my ears baby.

Davjs likes this.
  13. Tim

Man, I've got this & Bumblebee the same week, I still gotta see Creed 2, I'm curious about Once Upon a Deadpool, don't remember when Destroyer & If Beale Street Could Talk go wide, plus obviously multiple viewings of Into the Spider-Verse.

RIP my Movie Pass days. Gonna be making the most of matinee & discount Tuesday showings this holiday season, lol.

14. drewinseries

Drew

Are you near AMC? A list is rad.

15. Tim

Not near enough to frequent it instead of the couple closer Cinemark locations, unfortunately. And, Cinemark's service isn't nearly as good, though I've still considered getting it.

16. Currently at 76% (37-13) on RT. I'm cautiously excited to see this. Not excited about the runtime.

17. This is so mesmerizing, I keep wanting to rewatch it.

18. Dodge725

Trusted

Saw this tonight as part of the Amazon Prime Early Screening and it’s not good. The visuals are great, but it’s way too overstuffed, has a lot of scenes that are unnecessary, and seems more like a ton of cool visuals and action scenes that they found a way to put together and not a cohesive story. Really disappointed in this one cause it had good elements that could have been great with focus and someone to say “Save it for a Sequel”

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Skipped going tonight to eat crab croquettes. lol

coleslawed and flask like this.
  20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Saw this last night. For the most part it was good, just a little too long. Visuals were great, some funny dialogue sprinkled throughout too. Honestly the most boring parts to me were the Atlantis scenes. Would've been much better if they focused on just Black Manta as the main villain.

21. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Mixed thoughts. It's dangerously overstuffed and the needle drops -- oof. Not sure if those were studio notes or what but one in particular was truly awful.

Did dig the final fifteen-ish minutes. I think now that the backstory and world is developed, we could be in for a good followup.

22. drewinseries Dec 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 20, 2018)
    drewinseries

Drew

I had a blast with this. It’s just pure fun adventure flick. It felt different from all other superhero movies we’ve seem. Music queues were a little weird and lame at points, specifically a black manta montage, but I can see past that. Arthur and Mera are great. Entire Italy sequence is awesome. First trench scene was so cool with Wan’s horror chops. This knew exactly what it was and embraced the hell out of it.

Not that it matters, but 8/10

coleslawed and Jason Tate like this.
  23. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I liked it. There was probably too much going on, and I’m not even sure if the film needed Black Manta. Could have been handled better I think. But it felt fresh and interesting throughout. It was nice to see a superhero film that didn’t seem so obligated to be tied to something else.

I’d give it a B

24. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

well this was something else.

somehow equal parts good bad and ridiculous.

it is way too long.