Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Aquaman (James Wan; December 21, 2018) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

What?

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I don’t think the VFX and CGI are complete yet.

3. GBlades

Trusted

Think it's in reference to the "king battling for the throne due to new politics" that Black Panther portrayed.

4. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Ahhh, but I mean...that's always been a big thing in Aquaman and they even alluded to it in JL. I think it's just bad timing more than anything.

5. GBlades

Trusted

I don't disagree, I do think that Aquaman should be battling for the Throne of Atlantis and this is a major part of his character. I just don't think Momoa is the Aquaman I'm looking for or used to. He would have been suited for a much more macho role as another character. I'll need to see the movie to get my thoughts however this trailer looks to be a step in a positive direction.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  6. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

patrick wilson deserves better.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  7. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I don't think the CGI looked bad per se, but geez that was a *LOT* of it. I am not the biggest fan of a lot of CGI in general, and I tend to feel like they aren't really at all at the point where they think they are with making something like a shark look real. Or they just don't have the time. The last time I remember being genuinely impressed with CGI and buying the illusion would be Life of Pi and the second of the new Planet of the Apes movies. I didn't see the third one yet. I suppose there's not really a way to do some of the things they're doing in a practical manner.

Aside from the overabundance (to me) of CGI though, I think this looks really fun.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

No Justice League characters in this.

9. Davjs

Trusted

No Batman riding a shark?

Debating on be excited for this now.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

airik625 and Davjs like this.
  12. tvck

Trusted

13. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I dig it.

14. tvck

Trusted

Davjs likes this.
  15. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yessss. this looks awesome.

16. Ok, this looks pretty cool. The effects are still super noticeable, but I appreciate the ambition and creativity of the visuals. I'm more excited for this now.

17. Davjs

Trusted

I'm avoiding it since I've seen enough to sell me on opening weekend and don't want anything else spoiled, but the OG costume in the thumbnail rules! I didn't think they'd ever go with that look actually.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  18. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Way more hyped for this now. Looks sick.

19. GBlades

Trusted

Like an underwater Black Panther.

20. Omni

Regular

Wow. Great trailer. Even better than the first one. I'm hyped.

21. I'm really curious to see if audiences will laugh at "you could've peed on it" wtf

22. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Can studios just accept that the original look of costumes is far fucking superior now. god damn it.

Why Bother? likes this.
  23. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

They shouldn't use it to promote their movie then...

24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

James Wan knows how to direct an action sequence that's for sure.

airik625 and Why Bother? like this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

That trailer was really well done