Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Aquaman (James Wan; December 21, 2018) Movie • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I was finally able to see this. This movie was insane, and also much, much sillier than I was expecting. I enjoyed the hell out of it though. Momoa was fantastic, and James Wan directed the living hell out of this thing. I loved how all of the action scenes were filmed, particularly the one-one-one fight at the end. There was just so damn much of everything though, and I do have to admit that it did feel a little too long by the time it ended, but I can’t really figure out where it should’ve been trimmed. I liked all the stuff with Black Manta and his father, but it did seem kinda superfluous with everything else going on, so I suppose they could’ve saved him for the sequel.

I am very happy that it is a huge success at the box office. Watching this movie and then looking at the budget also doesn’t add up to me. Even before the climactic battle scene kicked in I had thought to myself ‘Holy shit, this movie must have cost a FORTUNE!’ at least a half dozen times, and then there is an absolutely spectacular full on underwater battle at the end.

currytheword and Davjs like this.
  2. currytheword

Trusted

The final 35 minutes of the movie is just comic book pages come to life. Super impressive CGI work. Honestly might be the best part of the movie.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  3. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

currytheword likes this.
  4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Watched some of this and can't even really put my finger on why but I really dislike how this looks visually

6. Finally watched this and thought it was pretty fun. Plenty of creative visuals and interestingly directed action. I'm down to see more.

Davjs likes this.
  7. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Some weird stuff visually, for sure. The underwater hair movement is one of those things. My problem is that Momoa and Heard aren’t strong actors and they share a lot of screen time, which sort of compounds the problem.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

currytheword and AWasteOfATime like this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

The honest trailer commentary is pretty good on this one as well.

10. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Watched this last night and thought it was really bad. Stuff just happens for two hours and then the final battle is cool.

11. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Watching this right now and I can’t get into it. But that’s pretty much me and any DC stuff minus Batman.

Edit: pretty sure I just saw an octopus playing drums

12. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

You did indeed.

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  13. Davjs

Trusted

Could have been cool but I'm happy with the dude we got.

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

15. PeacefulOrca Aug 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2019)
    PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The first 20-30 minutes, I didn't really like and came close to turning it off. From then on, I really enjoyed the rest of it quite a lot.

16. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I still have to watch a second time but from what I remember I was the exact opposite lol

17. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

That is wild to me

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

late but congratulations

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  19. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I kinda liked this? It’s was dumb and fun and had an octopus playing drums!

Dan Quinlan and Taketimeandfind like this.
  20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

was personally hoping they’d triple down on the more “fun” stuff but glad he’s aiming for something a little more out there

21. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Does that mean aquaman is going to save the arctic from melting?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah I need about 10x the amount of octopus playing drums.

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

+ 1000x times the julie andrews monster

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

wait, did we ever get more deets about aquaman 2 beside "wan wants to be More Serious this time"