Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 904

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. shea

RIP Supporter

Mr. Popular over here

2. Love it.

I know people rag on the camera, but coming from the 5K iMac, I don't notice it during any calls. Not like I want people to see me in 4k anyway most days.

No complaints at all on my end from it.

blast0rama likes this.
  3. Would like some MacBook Air updates plz.

4. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I think there’s a 15” MacBook Air rumoured for March.

5. dear HomeKit, please stop turning off all my lights thinking everyone has left the house when I am sitting here in the office, thanks!

6. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

well yeah but same internals.

that said if that happens... absolute dream machine. perfect size. big goldilocks shit.

7. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

333 GANG likes this.
  8. JamesMichael

Happens to me all the time. The HUE sensors we have constantly think no one is in. I've had to turn off the notifications which's defeating the object :shrug:

I wonder if the new HomeKit upgrade is any better at solving those issues.

9. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Trying out Marvis Pro. Still struggling with the homepage quite a bit. Read something that said you can essentially write a query for a section, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Basically, I want to create a section that would show albums that are coming soon from artists I like. Is this possible?

10. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

alright I figured out what im doing. this thing is a powerhouse. just need to tweak it a bit when using smart playlists

11. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I don’t feel great about spending $20 for one year for a weather app, but I am really liking Carrot so far. The customization is nice, and it’s as close to Dark Sky - which was perfect - as I can find; Apple’s Weather app isn’t bad, but it requires far more tapping around than I’d like!

blast0rama likes this.
  12. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

13. clucky

Trusted Supporter

possibly dumb iOs question:

I have sleep mode turned on from 12-8. This is nice so that I don't get woken up by dumb notifications.

But there will often be times where I'm like, up late or woke up early. And I'll be actively using the phone. But notifications still don't show up and instead I realize "oh this person replied 10 minutes ago..."

Is there any way to keep the general sleep time stuff but have it be smart enough to still show notifications while I'm using the phone?

14. If there was it’s be in the sleep focus mode.

15. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Heads up, dropping an Apple TV remote straight into a drink will kill it!

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

NOW you tell me.

Max_123, bobby_runs, cashlion and 5 others like this.
  17. you vandal

Regular

I think you just have to turn sleep focus off, at least that is what I do. Your alarm will still go off, but you'll get notifications until you turn sleep focus back on.

18. clucky

Trusted Supporter

yeah. which is a bit annoying to remember

so instead I figured out how to set up some task shortcuts so like, when I plug in the phone to charge it checks the time and if the time is late enough it turns on sleep mode. And then also when the time hits a certain time it checks to see if its plugged in and if it is plugged in, it turns on sleep mode. And then a few other rules to make sure it turns off sleep mode when its unplugged in the morning.

That way its never on sleep mode while I don't have it plugged in. But also will turn on sleep mode overnight if it is plugged in.

It does mean that like, if I'm lying in bed but still using the phone i don't get notifications. but that's okay.

19. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

Does anyone have a carrying case for the AirPods Max that also charges/puts into sleep mode they would recommend. I remember seeing something on Amazon awhile back and wasn't sure if it was janky or not.

That's the main thing keeping me from fully pulling the trigger on the Max. That case is pathetic.

20. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

My phone keeps failing to update to 16.3.1 (has been like this for a few weeks). I checked and I have 9.93 GB of storage so I don’t think it’s that? Any suggestions?

21. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

22. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Hopefully that means the savings account is coming very soon.

anotherpancake likes this.
  23. JamesMichael

Looks like the VR headset will finally get its reveal in June.

24. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

I'm certainly excited to see the final product after years of articles and rumors. However, I just don't see myself buying one anytime soon. Would be dope for Apple to show some new use cases that I haven't thought of, but I still don't see myself ever owning one.