Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 9

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Disabled handoff on my Mac, zero bluetooth issues all day, knock on wood this was the solution I was looking for ...

2. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

Not that anyone probably cares but I'm pretty excited. I just accepted a position as a Genius in an Apple Store in New York City. I've been with Apple for four years now and I never thought I would want to turn it into a career... but I've been slowly building a path to that at some point.

PyramidPostcard, Jason Tate and Nick like this.
  3. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Congrats! I was a genius for about 4 years and really enjoyed it. Some of my favorite memories come from my time at Apple.

4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Curious if this Google developed iOS keyboard will be any good or not.

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

If it's the same as the android one it will be usable but not as good as swiftkey

6. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Swiftkey is what I'm using right now. Thought the easily accessible search option with this Google one may be cool, but we'll see how it works.

7. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Are people using 3rd part keyboards? Seems like no one cared after they were allowed in the app store. The GIF keyboards are neat though.

schlotty likes this.
  8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I cycled through several of them for the longest time, and finally when back to the stock keyboard. Then after it had some time for updates and fixes, went back to Swiftkey, and have been using that for a while. I really like the swipe feature when I just want to text with one hand.

9. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Do you use Touch ID? The most annoying thing about the keyboards were that they didn't work with quick reply from the lock screen. I know the stock keyboard still worked, but I would turn that off so that I was only working with one keyboard when the phone was unlocked.

10. Been using SwiftKey since it became available, I missed it lot when I switched from Android to iPhone.

PyramidPostcard and Eric Wilson like this.
  11. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I do use Touch ID, but to be honest, I really haven't messed around a lot with the quick reply options from the lock screen. May check it out here in a bit though. Haha have just gotten in a habit of touch ID to unlock (since it's incredibly fast), and go to the messages from there, or swiping the message and then using Touch ID to unlock.

12. Yeah I never reply from the lock screen, so that's a total non-issue for me.

13. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Ah, I'm just lazy haha. My wife doesn't use quicky reply, but only because she doesn't want her messages displayed on the lock screen for others to see so it's not an option.

14. Nice. 5th Ave?

15. Questions Hang Over FBI After Apple Showdown Fizzles
    In an editorial Wednesday, the Wall Street Journal described the government’s clash with Apple as “reckless,” as the Justice Department “rushed to legal war with dubious theories,” and “fibbed” by stating that the San Bernardino case is all about one phone, even as law enforcement officials clamor for special access to encrypted devices in numerous cases across the country.

In a letter to the Journal, FBI Director James Comey said, “You are simply wrong to assert that the FBI and the Justice Department lied about our ability to access the San Bernardino killer’s phone.” Comey’s remarks echo those of DOJ officials from earlier this week, who stated that the worldwide publicity of the San Bernardino case prompted interested parties to contact the FBI and share methods to gain access to the iPhone. But all previous attempts have fallen short, until now. “Lots of folks came to us with ideas,” Comey said.

16. John Lopiano

Not sure if it has been officially announced yet so I don't want to say anything too specific but it's a yet-to-be-built store.

17. John Lopiano

Awesome dude. I'm an Expert now and the opportunity kind of fell in my lap, so I took it and I'm really excited for it.

stnewton likes this.
  18. Oh, rad. My buddy is a genius at the 5th Avenue store, that's why I ask. I hope you love working there. They treat their people very well.

19. John Lopiano

Yeah, it's been my favorite job I've ever had. They are wonderful to their employees.

20. I've had a few opportunities to work there, but the nearest store is a 45 minute drive from my apartment which I very much like.

21. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

My sister did the free trial for Apple Music but it expired. She wants to go back to being able to manually add music to her phone. I can't figure out how to do it for her, there is no option to turn off iCloud Music Libray. Can anyone help?

22. Settings > Music > Show Apple Music and iCloud Music Library both have switches.

23. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I looked on both her phone and her iTunes and it doesn't have an iCloud switch at all. I can see it on mine though. Do you think it could be because her subscription already expired?

24. Hm, I'm not sure. I thought I did that when mine expired. Try hitting up Apple Music Support. They're pretty responsive.

morgantayler likes this.