Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 849

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

WHy'd you return them the first time?

2. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Fastest one I could find with a Google. I'm just saying that every major corporation doing business in China has had to do some cow-towing -- it's an incredibly unfortunate element of the world we're in.

For example, I had to deal with one, indirectly, for a past day job. China shuts Marriott's website over Tibet and Taiwan error

Shit is WEIRD when you wanna do business in China.

Brent and RyanPm40 like this.
  3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Because I had a Google Pixel 4 (that i fucking hated to begin with) so it just wasnt intuitive at all.

I just picked them up though, oh my god just the sound quality compared to the galaxy buds I had are such an upgrade.

I just gotta get familiar with controls for it, can I skip songs on spotify with them?

billyboatman likes this.
  4. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Nice, I wasn't too sure when I got mine, but I aboslutely love them. Stoked I actually got them replaced after two years.

Yeah, just double press the right stem and it should go to the next song. You can also change those specific settings.

oldjersey likes this.
  5. macbethfan and anotherpancake like this.
  6. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Not having that work on iPhone 11, released in 2019, and fully able to run iOS 16, but works on the iPhone X, released in 2017 and XS, makes no sense at all.

7. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Going to guess the reasoning for the omission of iPhone 11 and XR is due to the much lower resolution of those displays.

8. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Doesn't make sense... there's still text icons along the top of the iPhone. What's the difference in adding a number within the battery icon?

9. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

It does make sense though. The key difference we know about the 11 and XR vs all of the other iPhones with a notched display is that the PPI is lower; less actual pixels to work with in that small space.

This battery percentage text is going to need a lot of pixels in a tiny space to be legible, and the 11 and XR give Apple less pixels to work within that same space vs a phone like an X or XS. My guess was they’re not able to achieve a legible/crisp text that satisfies them given the pixel limitation.

Brent likes this.
  10. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

anyone elses AirPods pros been skipping ahead/cutting off songs? I kinda thought it was doing it because of an issue with wifi at home, but I tried to my Powerbeats pros and they were fine. I hope it isn't an issue with it themselves because I just bought them a few months ago to place a pair that didn't make it through the washer lol

jorbjorb likes this.
  11. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Want a new air so badly

12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

they’re sick

13. Agreed

14. blast0rama

@Jason Tate Where'd you get your wallpaper in the desk image in the new newsletter?

15. blast0rama likes this.
  16. blast0rama

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Ended up taking my AirPods Pro to the apple store just to see what they’d say about the cracking issue even though I ended up buying the beats fit pro. They ended up replacing both AirPods and the charging case for me. So now I have two sets of earbuds.

18. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Finally broke down and downloaded the iOS 16 public beta on my main phone. Loving the Lock Screen customization options and the haptic feedback on the keyboard

19. The office upgrade/update is finally complete.

20. Yay!

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

My new Air is gonna be ready on the 31st. V excited. Still sticking with my 2015 MBP that has water damage and a washed out screen, so this is gonna be a big upgrade.

anotherpancake likes this.
  22. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I’ve had my 11 inch air since 2010-11 lololol

23. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Anybody have any insight into how a m2 air will behave with logic? I only very casually work around in logic but my 2016 MBP sometimes gave me trouble with it, and between all the “the air is the right laptop for most people” and “get the MBP for audio and visual work” it’s hard to tell where I actually fall.

I’m willing to spend a bit for the right laptop but it’s still a big difference and that midnight Air is stunning. It’s hard for me to reconcile the notions of how good the M chips are (and what their relevancy is to music production) with the ongoing insistence that the air is best for browsing and word processing.

24. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

is there any reason to get an iPad Pro with 16 gb ram? i definitely don't need 1TB

gonna trade in my 12.9" for 11"

25. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

found a 16" MacBook Pro M1 base model for 30% off as an Amazon warehouse deal so I bought it.

this laptop feels extremely dope and based so far. much prefer it over the 14" (coming from a 13" m1 Pro though)

Anthony Brooks and 333 GANG like this.