Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 831

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

If youre not listening to anything on it how the hell do you have zero battery life in a single day?

Turn down your brightness, turn off background app refresh.

2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

i have (unfortunately) taken to using it more as my main web surfer at home instead of my computer, so that’s part of it. I imagine the other part is I get crappy service at work so it’s probably always struggling to find a signal, but I can’t put it on airplane mode or disconnect it in case there’s an emergency with my kid at daycare.

Brightness is usually at about 20%

dylan likes this.
  3. Gets mad at kids being on their phone all day in class, secretly running battery down to zero while on phone all day.

[head tapping meme]

4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

haha I literally couldn’t in school, I legit get awful service. Any web browsing I do at work has to be on the computer unfortunately. Sometimes I step out to my car for lunch and I get a little bit better service out there

5. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Id love to have a brand new iPod classic though. It was so nice to just hit shuffle on my entire collection. I wouldn’t want an iPod touch. Might as well just use my phone

bobsheiskawy likes this.
  6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Wait, why can’t you hit shuffle on your whole collection with a touch? Hahad

7. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I mean you can. But I just want the old interface.

bobsheiskawy and David87 like this.
  8. RyanPm40 May 10, 2022
    (Last edited: May 10, 2022)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

To those who are surprised a phone can get down to 0 by the end of the day, I'm curious what your screen on time usage looks like?

I'm a Samsung user but trying to guage what I'm missing out on if anything :-p. I use mine probably 5-6 hours a day and sometimes need to plug my phone in when I'm winding down for the night

9. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Attached Files:

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. I LOST OUT TO GOLD AND GOBLINS

11. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Only barely lol

12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i have the 12 mini and it feels like I’ve lost battery more quickly than on previous phones, but I’m always baffled by how people go through battery so much. I pretty frequently check Facebook, email, to do’s, texts, etc throughout the day and I rarely have a problem. But I also couldn’t imagine using my phone as my primary internet/video watching device like many do.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. The Emologist

Crusted

..but have you tried turning it off and on again?

David87 likes this.
  14. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

The 2 year cycle ends in June so I think we can expect to hear about the new Mac Pro very soon, but the question is (at least for me) will we see the new Pro Display XDR...

I'm in dire need of a new screen.

15. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

why would there be a new Pro Display XDR?

16. JamesMichael

There's a rumoured 7k display that has ProMotion and some of the extra features that the Studio Display has.

It could be 32inch or maybe 35inch so it has the same PPI

mescalineeyes likes this.
  17. mescalineeyes

Gonna give this one a big ole "doubt", that said Pro Motion would surely benefit people who work on 24fps material, as it paces out evenly over 120fps.

18. JamesMichael

As a software engineer I personally love 120Hz, the new MacBook Pro display is incredible and it always feels jarring coming to my 60Hz external display to work.

Apple have brought it to their MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad line ups already so It's only a matter of time before they bring it to their premium display line up as well. I have heard though that getting 120Hz on any display over 5k isn't possibly currently via Thunderbolt 4.

19. mescalineeyes

I just switched from a low res 144hz display to a high res 60hz display for my production machine so I feel your pain lol

Drew Beringer and JamesMichael like this.
  20. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I really hope Apple Music gets a decent amount of focus in iOS 16. Would love to ditch Spotify entirely but there's so many frustrating missing features in Apple Music. Would love to see:

• Liked songs playlist where every song you “love” both in and out of your library gets added. I have loads of songs I love where I don't want the whole album or a single track kicking about my library.

• Playlist sorting on all devices.
    • Connect like feature across devices.
    • Ability to block artists from personalised playlists.
    • iCloud updating is great.. I just wish it would work consistently, as it’s been broken for most of this software cycle.
    • Create Smart playlists from within the iOS/iPadOS apps.
    • Release feed from artists you have in your library. (Also the pre-save function working consistently would be nice)

• Collaborative playlists.

• I also really like the idea of Replay but it should be in the App and my god, is it inaccurate. I think it had Kacey Musgrave's "if this was a movie.." as my top played track last year, literally haven't listened to it and it has no play count in iTunes. (Thought I may have left it on repeat somehow accidentally) Same issue with my top song this year, although I've listened to it 6 times opposed to the 12 it states.

I'm not even fussed for better curation etc. as I tend to make my own playlists and can do a decent job with Smart Playlists.

On the plus side, AM destroys Spotify when it comes to lyrics and having an actual library of music.

21. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I could never go back to Spotify for the simple fact that I don't have control over my own library. If there's a certain song from an album I want to delete, you literally cannot do it on Spotify lol

justin., Jason Tate and mescalineeyes like this.
  22. mescalineeyes

I love to delete individual songs from albums

23. Not being able to edit the metadata would drive me insane. I want the ability on iOS.

bobsheiskawy and Max_123 like this.
  24. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Yeah this is a major win point for me on Apple Music.

Yeah deleting live tracks on albums is something I do often, whilst retaining the b-sides etc.

Would love this on iOS. It’s been horribly inconsistent on MacOS this cycle but I love being able to tack on bonus tracks etc.

25. 333 GANG

ACAB

I very recently made the switch to Apple Music, and my god, the interface is SO much better than on Spotify.

Callum Macleod and mescalineeyes like this.