Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 8

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Don't see a huge use for 256gb on an iPhone. An iPad Pro however, yes.

2. fixius

Regular Supporter

As somebody who still uses physical media over streaming, I could see a market for 256GB. It would eliminate the need for my iPod classic entirely.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. For all the people that have been complaining about the death of the iPod Classic, for sure.

4. Give me that Skylake MacBook Pro 15"! Comon already!

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

About to watch a two hour video on using OmniFocus. Any other good resources for getting the most out of it you recommend @Jason Tate or anyone else that uses it?

6. The one you linked is the one I always recommend.

Merlin has some good stuff too.

Brenden likes this.
  7. Need that pink pro

Gruber has been raving about the SE all day / it's gonna be a huge hit

8. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

9. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

I've really been interested in the Apple Watch lately but I just have no idea what I'd use it for.

10. Is that still what unlocks custom perspectives?

11. Supernova Mar 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 23, 2016)
    Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Go in and select all the correct songs for that particular album that's giving you a headache, and make sure everything matches up in the "sort by" tab after you've clicked "get info". No space or capitalization differences. Then, go back to the main screen once you click "get info" for all those tracks and check the box "this is part of a compilation" and click ok or done. That will merge everything into one basically 100% of the time. Now go back and uncheck the compilation box and you should be good. Good until then next iTunes update which may or may not screw up a lot of stuff up unnecessarily again.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Apple Music has been dreadfully slow at loading songs on my Mac recently... anyone else having this issue or know a potential fix?

13. Loading as in you hit play and it takes a while to play, or iTunes? Sounds like a network issue on first glance.

14. beachdude

It's probably just a network issue, though I don't think it's on my end as my connection is very solid at the moment and everything else is fast. Songs will both take a while to start playing, then start playing at the loading bar will essentially freeze up in iTunes, and the song will sometimes be jittery as a result unless I give it more time to load. Hopefully just a passing issue but it's been like this regularly for 2-3 days now.

15. Reboot all the network stuff? Router/modem/computer?

16. beachdude

Rebooted my computer with no change, I'll reboot my router/modem in a bit. They're both new, so maybe they're causing some issues, although like I said they are quite fast and this is the only thing acting up.

17. Apple's services status is here:

Apple - Support - System Status

18. beachdude

19. Nightly complaint about Apple Music: Why are there not dates on this page? Why can't I see when things were released so I can pick what I want to check out first?! Why do I have to go to another website to sort a discography.

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  20. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah.

21. This is a huge pet peeve of mine too

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. Every time I am like garrrrrrrr, and open up Wikipedia.

23. I use them quite a bit because I really like having an "Incomplete" perspective that basically lets me look at a larger list of things to do from all projects/contexts organized by defer date. I use quite a few of MacSparky's as well.

24. Daring Fireball: Walt Mossberg: 'The iPhone 7 Had Better Be Spectacular'
    Mossberg also wants a reduced forehead and chin on the front face. I don’t think that’s coming until 2018, when I suspect Apple will ship an iPhone with no forehead or chin, just edge-to-edge display with the camera, sensors, and home button embedded in the display. That’s quite a way out in the future.

25. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Imagine a phone with no bezel. Like it would feel small, yet big, if that makes any sense.