Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 717

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. ghostxvapor

Trusted

upload_2021-1-26_13-31-34.png

2. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

hahahah. Good.

RyanPm40 and ghostxvapor like this.
  3. ghostxvapor

Trusted

I installed it ASAP

David Parke likes this.

4. iOS 14.4 includes the following improvements for your ‌iPhone‌:
    - Smaller QR codes can be recognized by Camera
    - Option to classify Bluetooth device type in Settings for correct identification of headphones for audio notifications
    - Notifications for when the camera on your ‌iPhone‌ is unable to be verified as a new, genuine Apple camera in ‌iPhone 12‌, iPhone 12 mini, ‌iPhone 12 Pro‌ and iPhone 12 Pro Max

This release also fixes the following issues:
    - Image artifacts could appear in HDR photos taken with ‌iPhone 12 Pro‌
    - Fitness widget may not display updated Activity data
    - Typing may be delayed and word suggestions may not appear in the keyboard
    - The keyboard may not come up in the correct language in Messages
    - Audio stories from the News app in CarPlay may not resume after being paused for spoken directions or Siri
    - Enabling Switch Control in Accessibility may prevent phone calls from being answered from the Lock Screen

watchOS 7.3 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:

- Unity watch face--inspired by the colors of the Pan-African Flag, the shapes change throughout the day as you move creating a face that's unique to you
    - Time to Walk for Apple Fitness+ subscribers--an audio experience in the Workout app where guests share inspiring stories as you walk
    - ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, and Thailand
    - Irregular heart rhythm notifications in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, Taiwan, and Thailand
    - Fix for an issue where Control Center and Notification Center may be unresponsive when Zoom is enabled

5. When paired with a HomePod mini and the HomePod 14.4 software update, iOS 14.4 introduces new U1 Ultra Wideband functionality between the ‌HomePod mini‌ and the iPhone 11 and 12 models with a U1 chip. The U1 chip improves handoff with visual, audible, and haptic effects when transferring songs from the ‌iPhone‌ to the ‌HomePod mini‌.

6. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

mescalineeyes likes this.
  7. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

David Parke likes this.
  8. blast0rama

9. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

yes, but the point is that Tweetbot didn't really add anything meaningful going from 5 to 6.

As someone who's owned every version of Tweetbot, yes even the 20 dollar Mac app, I peaced out about a year ago and started using the official Twitter app with the timeline set to chronologic.

10. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Every time I try and use the Twitter app I switch right back to Tweetbot the same day. Something about the official Twitter app just really bugs me and I honestly can't pinpoint what.

11. ghostxvapor

Trusted

I like Twitterific

12. blast0rama

Fair! I think the v2 API will make for a better app full stop.

Personally, every time I've tried to use the official app, I get the ads, the "so and so liked" and all the other cruft, I bounce back super fast.

Twitterific is GREAT. The Iconfactory makes great stuff.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  13. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

damn, the new handoff between iPhone and HomePod is slick

blast0rama likes this.
  14. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Can someone here sell me on an Apple Watch?

15. blast0rama

It's a completely unnecessary electronic device mostly used to separate functions from your phone onto your wrist that once you own one, you can't imagine life without one.

At least that's been my journey with it.

PolarBlare, dylan and dorfmac like this.
  16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah i think i will echo that an apple watch seems like something nobody ever needs, but i dont think i'd ever want to go without one ever again now that i have had one for 5+ years hah

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

make apple give me my $2000 stimulus

19. All because they didn’t include the charger

20. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Those sales numbers are insane, even more so in the context of everything going on in the world. Apple really nailed the customer value equation for the iPhone 12, and so much for the argument that consumers wouldn't value 5G as a reason for upgrading.

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

I apparently screwed up my Apple Music bad. I’ve been trying to add music that I have in iTunes from my Mac to my phone. It’s music I’ve added to my library that’s not on Apple Music from places like Bandcamp etc. I have iCloud music library turned on for both, have turned both of them off, logged out of my Apple ID etc. Now all my stuff is gone in both Mac and iPhone and just spins like this. Any recommendations to clear this? I’ve tried restarting phone/Mac etc and no dice

9EAD246C-E71E-43CF-83E4-F818E59EDEA7.png

22. Not a bad way to describe it. The series 6 changed the game for me because of the size and responsiveness. Now I wear it everyday. Even gonna get myself a new band. :crylaugh:

23. blast0rama

New CARROT Weather update today. Super customizable, feels more in-line with iOS design guidelines. Pretty slick.

Jason Tate and anotherpancake like this.
  24. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

That looks much better than what I remember! Awesome. I've been using Hello Weather, but I might end up going back to give Carrot a try again.

25. The customization options are great.