Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 716

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

So I'm trying to unlock some settings, but my macbook is refusing my password (it's 100% correct - I only use the password for my computer login and it hasn't changed in years). I upgraded to Big Sur yesterday. I'm pretty sure I logged in with touchID this morning but that eventually requires password. Anyone else had this issue? I'm going to pissed if I get locked out and have to wipe my computer.

2. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Literally happened to me and had to wipe my computer.

3. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Why is backing up an iPhone to an external hard drive so needlessly complex in the year 2021? Just make it a button in Finder or iTunes. Absolute insanity.

4. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

wtf Apple.. not cool. I'm going to be locked out eventually, Touch ID requires password after a day or two.

5. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Flash everything to an external HD while you can. Luckily I work off of one.

ReginaPhilange likes this.
  6. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

yup. here's to hoping it doesn't ask for password to do that (probably not but haven't done it on a mac). I'm lucky I tried to change a setting today otherwise I wouldn't have caught it till I had to login.

7. David Parke and ReginaPhilange like this.
  8. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure why that's not one of the first results to popup when searching "macbook refusing correct password". seems bad Apple.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I have the same problem, though the original AirPods didn't fit me either. The best solution I've found so far is the Comply replaceable memory foam tips because they have a bit more grip on them and stop the slipping, but the seal's still not good enough to use them for exercise or anything where I'm being particularly active.

10. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

11. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Same. maybe our left ear canals are just oddly shaped

12. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Kinda tight you can charge AirPod pros with the MagSafe charger

jorbjorb likes this.
  13. Couple stuck keys on my brand new 2020 MBP and Apple wants to charge me $1300 to fix it... fuck this company.

GrantCloud likes this.
  14. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Assuming it's not your fault, shouldn't you still be covered under the initial year of AppleCare?

David Parke and Brent like this.
  15. only way you’re being charged that is if there’s liquid or some substance in the machine

16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

anotherpancake likes this.
  17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

man i hate that guy

jorbjorb, GrantCloud and ghostxvapor like this.
  18. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

1:24 for whole paycheck

Grapevine_Twine likes this.
  19. mescalineeyes likes this.
  20. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

I think this could be the rumored new MacBook as the article states it'll be more premium and *not* replace the current Air.

21. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Took the plunge and got the mini & watch in one shot

22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

23. Anthony Brooks likes this.
  24. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Looking forward to all of this

25. also press release states that 14.4 and 7.3 are dropping today