Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 696

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

David Parke likes this.
  2. Windows on M1 Macs: how to run ARM virtualization [Video] - 9to5Mac
    Alexander Graf was the first to successfully run an ARM Windows virtualization on an M1 Mac. He used the QEMU open source machine emulator and an Insider Preview of Windows. Now, based on the work by Graf, there’s a new build of the open source ACVM launcher (by Khaos Tian and 3 others) that works with QEMU to run ARM Windows on ARM Macs.

YouTuber Martin Nobel shared a useful video of the process to run an ARM Windows virtualization on Apple Silicon as well as a real-world look at the overall impressive performance considering it’s an unofficial workaround.

Impressively, the Martin’s M1 Mac mini benchmarked much higher than Microsoft’s Surface Pro X … almost doubling the single-core score, and coming in almost 2,000 higher in the multi-core score.

Wow.

David Parke likes this.
  3. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Are we getting end of year stats in Apple Music or do we still have to use the web page?

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i just googled "apple replay" and found the link for 2020 data - seems like something they should just make readily available in the music app, unless it is and im missing it?

Anthony Brooks and phaynes12 like this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

they’re so bad at it. it’s wild.

6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I guess Google put out a year in review playlist for YouTube Music but it's been a slow rollout to different customers and I don't have it yet. Frustrating

7. mescalineeyes

Guess my MacBook Air isn’t coming today after all. 6pm almost and no sign of UPS or any change on the tracking site.

8. mescalineeyes

upload_2020-12-3_17-29-11.jpeg

Haha not surprised

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah pretty sure PVRIS, Phoebe Bridgers and Hayley Williams would be very high on my list lol

mescalineeyes likes this.
  10. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it's kinda wild they don't make a bigger deal of the Replay thing. Should be front and center as soon as you open the app when it hits this time of year. All I'm seeing on social media is everyone's Spotify stuff.

disambigujason likes this.
  11. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

E85FF2EA-95F3-4F79-99F8-5965B392CA1A.png
    Feels right

12. Makes sense.

19C34B2D-42E7-4EF7-8EEC-F778D6372C34.png

Attached Files:

13. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

upload_2020-12-3_14-4-36.png

This tracks

David Parke likes this.
  14. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 2.16.55 PM.png

LOL that's a lot of artists. I think it's from when I would finish an album it would then auto-play that artist's radio station.

I was clearly excited for The Format and then...

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. mescalineeyes

God knows what would happen to my play totals if they added up the pvris EP songs to the album ones ahaha

16. mescalineeyes

upload_2020-12-3_21-13-54.jpeg upload_2020-12-3_21-13-54.jpeg

Full disclosure i share my Apple Music with my brothers partner so Taylor Swift and blink-182 was mostly her (no shame just didn’t listen to them much this year)

17. Cmoney86

Trusted

ADC5D19B-FCFB-4D91-9C02-EEF173FB6194.png

mescalineeyes likes this.
  18. dorfmac

Trusted

At first I thought that my playtimes were super low and I was embarrassed, but after seeing everyone else in the teens or less, I feel relieved.

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 4.00.19 PM.png

I'm also surprised at how many people are spotify users. Like, Apple Music >>>> no thanks on Spotify.

disambigujason and mescalineeyes like this.
  19. mescalineeyes

I have to assume it only counts completed plays

20. My Replay is also completely missing artists/albums that I know I listened to a ton (like Spanish Love Songs), probably because of the same weird bug that doesn't let me add certain songs to a public playlist if I have them as local files (even if I add them from the Apple Music search screen).

21. Weezer being up there is surprising. No blink or Phoebe is pretty surprising as well.
    Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 2.14.46 PM.png

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

It made sense that Apple Music was a little behind the curve of Spotify last year when the Replay was a huge hit but I thought that would only mean this year Apple would do everything Spotify did plus a few cool new data points......but nope.

However despite the cool end of the year stats Spotify has and also the depth of users it's community has, Apple Music still reigns supreme for how I want a streaming service to look and feel. Every time I use Spotify it just cements my love for Apple Music....even though I do wish Apple Music brought more to the table with the end of the year stats.

David Parke and ECV like this.
  23. 333 GANG Dec 3, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 3, 2020)
    333 GANG

ACAB

I typically love Apple products and Apple services, but for whatever reason, I much prefer Spotify. I can’t really explain why, it just feels better to me. I also think their playlists and recommendations are far superior to Apple Music.

24. phaynes12 Dec 3, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 3, 2020)
    phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

upload_2020-12-3_18-52-49.png

top bands were pearl jam, AIC, deftones, Zeppelin and QOTSA ... listened to a lot of grunge pre-lockdown lol

albums were folklore, cutting grass, dirt, siamese dream and relationship of command

1,056 artists and 458 hours

Anthony Brooks likes this.