Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 694

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

I still love my iPad Pro. I use it almost as a laptop replacement. I run my laptop in clamshell 95% of the time anyways. I would switch to a MacMini but I’m still just a little scared and want the peace of mind to know that if I have to I could take my laptop with me for work.

2. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

preview app

menu bar - tools - annotate - signature

you basically create a digital version of your signature with either your selfie cam or the touch pad and then you can place that signature anywhere on the document. (you only have to create it once)

3. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I'm actually trying this for the first time, and I think I like it better? I've just always been used to seeing the time in the corner, etc, but do appreciate the cleaner look overall.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  4. mescalineeyes

I’ve set it to hide like a year ago since I had a MacBook with a dang Touch Bar so all the volume stuff was there anyway.

the only downside is I forget what time it is sometimes LOL

5. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Thanks!

6. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

MacBook Air up and running and this thing is comically fast. Holy shit.

cryates likes this.
  7. mescalineeyes

Mines coming tomorrow. I am excited!

Frank Lapidus likes this.
  8. mescalineeyes

lol one of the Forbes contributors posted the most asinine review of the M1 I've ever seen, and then it turns out he's using Microsoft Edge as his browser.

I'm not even going to dignify that shit by linking to it.

lol okay I didn't know what I expected from the same guy who penned this bullshit:

upload_2020-11-23_12-1-23.png

9. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

So it's been about a week with the M1 Air, and I'd say confidently that I think it's the best all-around product Apple has ever made. And it's only just now getting started.

Frank Lapidus and mescalineeyes like this.
  10. mescalineeyes

Mine did not come today lol. It’s saying Wednesday now.

11. mescalineeyes likes this.
  12. mescalineeyes

Mine was held up for Tarif reasons. Sucks.

13. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

It's worth the wait. Not long ago I was on the iPad-as-a-mobile-computer-replacement thing for myself personally. But with the changes in Big Sur and the M1, that's no longer my thought.

14. mescalineeyes

I'm not mad, it was supposed to come Dec 4 then it got updated to today.

Wednesday is a compromise I can live with ;)

15. Ordered my M1 air today, very excited to replace my mid 2012 air that I have had since high school

Jason Tate and Christian Romero like this.
  16. This is like going from the flint stones car to a Lamborghini LOL

17. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I think I know the review you're talking about and yeah, while I'm all for people offering the counter-perspective this was just eye-rollingly bad lol

18. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

@Jason Tate Do you have the 11" or 12.9" iPad Pro? I've had the 12.9" iPad Pro (2018) and have been using it as my main 'laptop' as I run my actual laptop in clamshell the majority of the time. I just ditched my 16" MacBook Pro for the new M1 MBA and I feel strange having essentially two 13" Apple Products. I love my iPad but was thinking of downsizing to the new 10.9" iPad Air.

Anyways - what are your thoughts on the 11"? I've always had this big one or an iPad mini so I'm curious if I'd be missing anything?

19. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Just placed my order for a blue iPhone 12 Mini. Super excited about it after reading everyone else's experiences with it so far!

20. I have the 11 and have no complaints at all. I prefer the smaller form factor for the reasons you basically described, I do most of my work at the iMac all day, and so when I use the iPad I want something that feels very portable. I usually have it with the keyboard, so if I want to write, I can/use it like a laptop or as a stand for watching something, but most often I just end up taking it off and using it as the super lightweight tablet that it is on the couch. That's my favorite use case, and I like the flexibility. I've thought about a new Air as well, but at the moment don't know where it would fit in to my workflow that the iPad doesn't fill just fine.

Frank Lapidus, uuu and Anthony Brooks like this.
  21. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

11" iPad pro is the single greatest investment into tech I've ever made and I truly mean that.

22. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

That’s great to hear. Very similar to what I was thinking of. Gonna offload my 12.9 and grab the iPad Air!

It’s crazy to think how powerful these “lower/mid range” models are getting and how it's starting to blur the lines a little bit and allowing people to not have to give up a bunch computing power in order to save some money.

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I love my Air so much. Went with the 256 gb sky blue + magic keyboard. Haven’t touched my MacBook since i got it.

Frank Lapidus and Jason Tate like this.
  24. mescalineeyes

My M1 Air has been stuck in Shanghai since Monday :(

25. Torn between saving money and getting the base M1 MBA model tomorrow or spending more money and getting the 16GB ram in weeks.