Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 693

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. jeff.dart

Regular

2. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Don’t know how many of you use it, but the native M1 version of Pixelmator Pro runs like a dream.

3. I'm new to the Homepod world, if I get a Mini, do I need to have anything else with it? Or would I be able to start with that?

4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

That was quick!

cryates likes this.
  5. jeff.dart Nov 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 19, 2020)
    jeff.dart

Regular

One of the best things about them.

Edit: works great. Now I have zero issues with this phone.

Daniel182 likes this.
  6. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Updating now. The lock screen bug was annoying, but if I used my index finger instead of my thumb it worked fine. I was worried it was my screen protector at first, so glad it wasn't that.

7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Almost a week in and the mini is cemented as my favorite phone since the 4s. My 8 feels downright cumbersome at this point. but a few gripes: I miss Touch ID, I hate swiping down instead of up for notifications (the tapping shortcut doesn’t always work well), and I LOATHE the blue tint of the oled screens (that’s what causes it, right?).

EntryLevelDave likes this.
  8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

you should be fine - i don't think owning a regular homepod is a pre-req for having a mini

PolarBlare, jorbjorb and JayLightBeer like this.
  9. it's not

10. Elder Lightning

For Christmas I want to upgrade my wife and kids (just one that they share between them) from their iPad mini (2?) but can't decide between the iPad Air or regular iPad.

The iPad Air looks amazing, of course, but at twice the price ($560) of the regular iPad ($280) with the current early Black Friday deals I can't decide if it's worth it.

anotherpancake likes this.
  11. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Got a 16" MBP last February but just traded it in for a MacBook Air after all of the reviews. I got a good deal on a refurbished one from Apple but honestly it was way more computer than I actually ever needed so now with my trade in I'm getting the MBA and will have enough trade in credit to almost fully pay for some AirPods Pro - stoked! Picking mine up on Sunday and I can't wait. All of the reviews I've seen over the week really sold it for me.

cryates likes this.
  12. this is cool - zac hall from 9to5mac has press credentials to leave cameras on the nasa launch pads in Florida and left a 12 Pro to capture a launch in slow motion.

13. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

If they're just using it for basic stuff, I personally have been fine with my regular iPad since 2018. Use it pretty much every day to browse the web, watch YouTube, and do some homework on. more than enough, as nice as the Air is

Edit: and for that price at $280, I'd absolutely go that route

Elder Lightning likes this.
  14. Elder Lightning

Thanks, this is helpful. There will be occasional video streaming, some web browsing, and mostly video chatting with family and/or some Zoom classes.

15. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Clingmans Dome, Tennessee. Taken with my 12 Mini, edited in Pixelmator Pro.

Clingmans_Dome_01.jpg

Clingmans_Dome_02.jpg

Clingmans_Dome_03.jpg

16. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

I've been very impressed with the photos coming out of the 12 mini vs the 12 pro/max. Really holding it's own.

17. KeynDooee

Living Legend

I own a MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) and these benchmarks are giving me a stomach ache.

mescalineeyes and JamesMichael like this.
  18. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, it's excellent; They all are really. I really wish I could mess around with the 12 Pro Max camera system. It's definitely got its own advantages over the other models, particularly in low-light, but I'm also not a huge fan of what the bigger sensor can do to photos in some specific scenarios.

19. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Random question for Mac users that I’m only just now asking, do any of you ever find your menu car icons switching positions? For some reason mine have always randomly switched positions on occasion and it drives me mad.

20. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

They definitely seem to be less consistent in Big Sur. Just hide the menu bar it’s useless lol

cryates likes this.
  21. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

The MacBook Air M1 is shaping up to be a real iPad Pro killer for me - the only thing I miss from a work perspective is the touch screen for signing documents. The iPadPro with the smart folio is just too bulky/top heavy and iPad OS is infuriatingly buggy

dylan and cryates like this.
  22. heywassuphello

spare only the ones I love

typing this from my new M1 MBA. shit rips.

23. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Picking up my new MBA this afternoon - stoked!