Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 692

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I downloaded the desktop app. It's not native, but it appears it's running just fine through Rosetta 2. First launch took about 10 seconds to open (likely b/c of the Rosetta translation), and successive launches after that are taking like a second to open. General navigation seems smooth and fine.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  2. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

thank you so much :heart: I was worried if it was an Electron app but it seems like it's not the case so I'm happy :)

3. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Idk how you already landed the Mini, I pre-ordered the Max and Mini at the same time release day morning. Got my Max last Friday and am due to get the Mini 11/25 - 12/1.

4. Bought it in store

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  5. None are good IMO

6. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Goddamnit, all these reviews of the M1 Macs are just making me drool.

Drew Beringer and Jason Tate like this.
  7. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

How are they in terms of graphics processing? What do they compare to?

8. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Graphically it seems not too far off from the lowest spec 16“ MacBook Pro.

9. man my M1 air is still a week+ out from arriving. :(

10. It’s the best computer I’ve ever owned and I’ve had 10+ macs dating back to like 1999 haha

11. I hate drew

12. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Guy has never owned a PC I see.

13. Yeah fuck em

DickyCullz likes this.
  14. Jason Tate likes this.
  15. When that 5K iMac with Apple Silicon in it drops, that's when my willpower will be very tested.

Brent and David Parke like this.
  16. haha well hit me up when that happens haha - probably Q2

Brent and Jason Tate like this.
  17. stars143

Trusted

I'm sure there is a good reason, but why don't make this like progressive taxation? It seems like it would encourage some apps making high six figures to not exceed seven figures unless they are growing significantly.

$999,999 in sales * 0.85 = ~$849,999
    $1,213,000 in sales * 0.70 = ~$849,100

18. stars143

Trusted

EddieDS, blast0rama and Jason Tate like this.
  19. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

Guys, you’re making me really want one of these M1s and that’s gonna be a major problem for me

cryates and Zoshchenko like this.
  20. Iain

Regular

Pretty much agree on this. Although in a niche way, i have found the Todoist app really useful for saying down things i remember i need to do in the car.

21. dorfmac

Trusted

drew beringer = justin long’s burner account

Mac > pc

22. jeff.dart Nov 18, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 18, 2020)
    jeff.dart

Regular

So I got my mini last friday, and it’s great. The battery life is a step down so I’m getting used to that, I expected it coming from a xr.

One big problem though, there is something going on with this touch screen. It is not inputting reliably from the Lock Screen, I cannot enter my passcode easily at all, the control center and home swipes don’t work well either. Is anyone else experiencing this? Hope we can get a fix soon.

23. You know I was wondering about a similar issue on my max — when tapping to wake too low on the screen it doesn’t seem to do anything.

24. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

iPhone 12 Mini Users Report Lock Screen Touch Sensitivity Issues

Seems to be fairly common. Hopefully this can be fixed with a software update.

Elder Lightning likes this.