Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 691

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Given that the Figma app on MacBook is essentially just launching the web browser version in a window I can't see there being any issues but quote me if I'm wrong!

2. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

the app has quite a bit of custom chrome and is actually accessing stuff like your local font library (the website isn't) so I'd appreciate if I had someone tell me first hand that it works! haha

JamesMichael likes this.
  3. All the M1 reviews are ... making me jealous.

Where's my iMac Tim Apple!

4. I reaaaally want a new MacBook Air after seeing these reviews. Whoa

blast0rama likes this.
  5. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Just plugged in and hit play on the HomePod Mini.

wow.

This is an impressive, little speaker.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

It's really impressive just how fast this Air is in the dumbest, simplest tasks. Even refreshing web pages feels nearly instant.

7. cryates Nov 17, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 17, 2020)
    cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Insane. In single-core performance, this thing absolutely destroys the i9-7980XE (18-core) I have in my work desktop in Geekbench, and trust me when I say that CPU covers a lot of very heavy apps day in and day out. 1,740 vs 950. Mutli-core is 7,420 vs 10,560 ... but that's an 18-core CPU.

8. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

first time I've needed to do this, but my AirPods won't connect to my new 12. done a full reset but now getting connection failures

9. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I'm very impatiently waiting for the new 16inch Pros.

Has there been any rumours on those?

10. DickyCullz Nov 17, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 17, 2020)
    DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

has anyone been able to successful do handoff with AirPods between Big Sur and iPhone? It worked perfectly with my iPhone and iPad but I'm always having to select AirPods on my MBP. its not happening automatically.

it says they're connected in the bluetooth menu but sound will come out of my speakers instead. when I then select them in the menu it disconnects them and I have to reconnect. going MBP to iPhone works just not back again

11. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Got my Apple Watch, this is so fucking cool

Iain likes this.
  12. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

It's been a little weird, but has worked sometimes. It's awesome when it does.

13. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Traded in my beat up work MacBook 12" for the new M1 Air, it's only the base model but this thing is snappy as heck and feels like a big upgrade, also really good value given what a well-specced Windows ultrabook will cost you

David Parke and cryates like this.
  14. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Damn HomePod minis aren’t on the 0% Apple Card program yet. Only thing holding me back from buying two

GrantCloud, David Parke and Shakriel like this.
  15. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Christian Romero and Jason Tate like this.
  16. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

That’s really cool. I know it’s more a PR move after all the backlash of the past year, but, still cool to see.

stars143 and Jason Tate like this.
  17. mescalineeyes

I mean we are talking up to 149,999 dollars per eligible developer, this is real money on the table.

18. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I'm honestly shocked at how hard it is to kill the battery on this MBA. I've been on it for about 5 hours since yesterday, doing random stuff, and have only lost 29% so far.

19. mescalineeyes

Try harder like uhhh run Figma

20. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

a few days in with the 12 pro max and holy shit it’s nice not having to plug my phone in by 3 or 4 pm with just normal use.

I take it off the charger about 6 am before work, and when I go to bed around 10-11 I still have about 25 percent charge left. It’s crazy

dylan, David Parke and jorbjorb like this.
  21. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Just received the 12 Pro in Blue. This thing is gorgeous and I’m so happy they brought back the square rounding. It feels sturdier in my hands. Putting the blue leather case on it as well when it arrives. V happy

dylan likes this.
  22. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Are you just trying to see if it works in general, or if it's running native, or something more? I wouldn't be a good judge of performance because I've never used Figma.

23. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

So I wonder if I can trade in my MacBook Air I bought about three months ago and get the new one lol

24. mescalineeyes

at this point I'd settle for it running :)

25. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

What are some Apple Watch apps I should look into