Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 688

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i recommend using a card to slide the protector up the screen as opposed to using it after. That way if you see one you can correct it immediately and limit the amount of time for random particles to contaminate the sticky side haha. I usually have pretty good luck doing that. Tho I will say I most previously used a glass protector and it self-released the bubbles really quickly.

2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

:100:

My only improvement would be no notch and Touch ID integrated into the power button.

cryates likes this.
  3. Elder Lightning

Thanks! It actually went on really easy with no bubbles.

I highly recommend the thin cases and screen protectors from Peel.

disambigujason likes this.
  4. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Bingo bango. Truth be told, the notch has never at any point bothered me in use, but damn if this wouldn’t be killer with that exact setup. The side buttons actually feel perfectly positioned in this for me, and I have medium-sized hands.

Elder Lightning likes this.
  5. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I finally have my mini up and running!

cryates and Elder Lightning like this.
  6. Elder Lightning

This is actually my first phone without a home button / with Face ID and I really like Face ID so having that without the notch would be great too. I'd love both options.

cryates likes this.
  7. EntryLevelTank

Lol saaaame. Getting used to not having a home button is a lot.

8. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Eh, it’ll be second nature in no time.

9. Elder Lightning

I'm actually finding the slightly lowered power button to be my main issue. I keep just missing it.

disambigujason likes this.
  10. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Got my max and foolishly picked transfer from iPhone rather than iCloud. Gonna be at least an hour before I can play with that sweet camera

cryates and Drew Beringer like this.
  11. EntryLevelTank

The thing in most surprised by with the mini so far is how loud the speaker is

12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

My fiancée got the mini today, and I’m kind of jealous of the size now. Might go for a smaller phone next time around.

13. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

My mini came yesterday and while the notch itself doesn’t bother me, the lack of a battery percentage because of the notch really does lol

14. Elder Lightning

Since I work from home now (permanently) and sit in front of 2 screens all day, I find the small size perfect. I'm not spending a ton of time on my phone and mostly using it for quick checks and to control other things, plus music/podcasts when working out or going for a walk.

15. Elder Lightning

I noticed that too, but it's an easy swipe down to get there.

And I may be the last one to find out about this, but does everyone know about the back tap setting in the accessibility menu? You can set it so a double and/or triple tap on the back of the phone brings up different things.

I have the double tap set to the app switcher right now because I find the swipe gesture awkward, but you can also use it for shortcuts.

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

This tech 21 case is...tight. I don’t think I can take it off my phone. I’ve tried for 4 minutes and it won’t budge.

17. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I noticed that my Apple leather case fits much tighter than any leather case from the past.

justin. likes this.
  18. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

obviously isn't that funny if you don't want it capitalized

333 GANG likes this.
  19. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

trying to activate my pro max this morning and I keep entering the pin I have for Verizon and every time the message is "it can't be completed as of this time", now I have to wait for customer support lol

20. I love the little animation when I put my leather case on

cryates likes this.
  21. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

My autocorrect started doing this for some reason recently too and I feel like I have to explain myself every time I text someone haha

22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Think I'm finally going to take the plunge and switch to the 12 Pro after 11 years of Android. I'm so indecisive that it's been a struggle, so I just need to get over it and commit lol.

Anyone see any great deals for Verizon phones out there that doesn't also include opening a new line or having an unlimited data plan? My family still splits 12GB of shared rollover data for our plan heh. Guessing not for a brand new phone, but hey, worth asking.

23. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

You won’t regret it!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Daamn, gold and blue don't ship until mid December. Can't decide if I want to wait or just go with Graphite or Silver

25. machine updated to Big Sur - I don't hate it at least on a visual level

justin. and David Parke like this.