Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 666

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Anyone find any word on the length of the MagSafe charger? I can't find it listed on Apples website. My bed is on risers and I use a power strip resting on the floor, so a 6ft cable is kind of a must at night haha. Guessing it won't be anywhere near that long.

2. 333 GANG

ACAB

I’m fairly certain MKBHD said in his video the cord is like 3 feet long or something

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. RyanPm40

Ah good catch, thanks! I kinda skipped around that video on my lunch break and need to give it a full watch now. Hope some third party developers can easily make a longer version. Or I guess a usb c extension could do it

333 GANG likes this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The $440 trade-in promotion at Verizon is incredibly tempting. Here’s to hoping it’s still there when the Mini goes live.

cryates likes this.
  5. RyanPm40

All of their promos require an unlimited plan, right? Sucks, my family has the 12GB shared plan with monthly rollover. I doubt they'd take a galaxy s8 with a crack on the back glass anyways, even though Apple and Samsung have no problem trading them in

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Yeah, unlimited plan. My friend’s wife was given $440 for her iPhone 6s.

That’s insane

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. Brandon Briganti

Regular Prestigious

8. correct

9. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

10. Brandon Briganti

Regular Prestigious

11. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Dang, really hope Apple address this in iOS15 (ideally sooner but that’s probably unlikely)

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Agreed, although Messages is pretty much the only app I let have a badge these days. :crylaugh:

Frank Lapidus likes this.
  13. yeah I usually turn off badges for everything save for messages and email haha

14. Yeah, Spark, Messages, and I think Slack as well.

15. TheBaroness

Same plus Slack and WhatsApp but I’ve got my other notifications turned down so much that if I don’t see the badge I completely miss the fact that I have a new message haha. A Messages widget like the Slack one would also fix this issue.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I turn off the badges for email cause I don’t want to see a “72,456” badge hanging out.

17. TheBaroness

Super lame and basically unusable unless you’’re exclusively using it on a desk, really hope we get at least a 6ft option soon.

Interestingly the magnets looked a lot stronger on iJustine’s video - could hold the phone comfortably upside down by the MagSafe cable and the wallet snapped into place quite easily compared to the one in MKBHD’s vid

18. blast0rama likes this.
  19. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Is the magnetic charging cable that comes with the Series 6 Watch USB-A or USB-C?

20. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I believe they’re still A type. They make a C type you can buy separately

21. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Thanks. I don't have any USB-c charging bricks so I didn't know if I needed to buy one for the Watch. Are the iPhone bricks powerful enough for the Watch or is it recommended to use an iPad one?

22. dylan

iPhone is fine. The watch will only draw so much power so even if you plugged it into the iPad charger it’s not gonna use the maximum wattage. The watch doesn’t have fast charging.

JamesMichael and Max_123 like this.
  23. RyanPm40

Still torn on the 11 Pro or 12

Seems like the only reason to get the 12 is for: 5G, slightly better camera, MagSafe

Otherwise, battery life in the 11 Pro is still great due to higher capacity, and performance improvements wouldn't be really noticeable to the average user until they get a high refresh display

Am I missing anything?

24. dylan

form factor as well. 11pro will have rounded corners and stainless steel banding. 12 will have (the infinitely better) squared edges and almunimum banding.

25. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious