Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 610

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. cbronder1

Regular

The newest iOS beta is so stable I can barely tell it’s a beta anymore. Things are looking good for the final release. Battery life has also been great for me.

pauljgreco likes this.
  2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Huh, what do you mean by this? My Apple TV Netflix works the same way it does on any platform

3. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I mean the actual TV app. Netflix is completely isolated in it's own app so the TV app won't show any Netflix data in there.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. chris

Trusted Supporter

Trying out the latest iOS 14 beta, I adore App Library

5. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

69F9E4FE-27D7-4B8C-A1AE-E2B2C1E8D984.png
    This shortcuts widget is the exact thing i wanted. Might make a whole page of them.

6. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Has anyone installed Big Sur on their main Mac?

iOS 14 runs beautifully but I’m a little hesitant when it comes to MacOS.

7. Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

Yeah I'm really tempted to put the Big Sur beta on my MBP, but I imagine things like Maschine or Ableton Live would break pretty bad so I'm hesitant.

hermanthehermit likes this.
  8. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

To anyone here that has a cellular-enabled Apple Watch, do you have to get a separate data plan with your carrier? Or does it just sync into whatever data plan you already have?

9. JamesMichael

So I jumped on the Big Sur beta today. Everything is actually very stable, I've had no issues with all the apps I use regularly.

10. I remember it coming up early on in the betas and haven’t kept up enough to see if it’s been mentioned here or not but you CAN do PIP with YouTube without a subscription on iOS 14 IF you watch a video in safari, make it full screen, and swipe up. Dunno if this’ll get patched some other time soon but it seems to work just fine!
    38BE11F5-ED29-45B0-B704-25593213BC51.png

RyanPm40 and JamesMichael like this.
  11. MidDave

I really love iOS 14

12. RyanPm40

Ok I've made my decision.. if the 256GB iPhone 12 Pro is less than $1299, I'm 100% going for it. Otherwise, probably Note 20 Ultra. Can't believe how damn expensive phones are these days though, approaching what I spent on my MacBook Pro >_>

pauljgreco likes this.
  13. JamesMichael

I have to say I'm loving Big Sur so far. The updated design feels like a solid refresh. Some of the icons are a bit weird and I'm hoping they get tweaked but from a UI point of view it's a step in the right direction I think.

It's weird going to my other Mac and looking at Catalina now, it just feels it looks dated.

14. JamesMichael

Honestly it's so weird thinking back to when I bought my iPhone 1 and it was like £299 haha.

Judging from the leaks I think your pricing will be in the right direction for the iPhone 12 Pro.

pauljgreco and RyanPm40 like this.
  15. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I mean a new iPhone 11 is fairly cheap and has more than what most people need. Not to mention the SE. I don’t think it’s fair to say phones are that much more expensive now

16. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Phones have always been expensive (they might be slightly more so now) but the price was just hidden in your phone contract before

RyanPm40 and pauljgreco like this.
  17. JamesMichael

I wouldn't say always. I mean I paid £299 for the first iPhone which is crazy thinking back as it was basically an iPod and phone in one. The prices up till the 6 or 7 were reasonable I think? But yeah it's weird now that iPhones are now in Macbook territory of pricing.

Of course if you go into a contract you end up paying way more. I'd always advise buying the phone outright if possible and paying a sim contract to cut the cost down. At least that works best here in the UK.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. Thought the first iPhone was 499/599 with a two year contract.

19. RyanPm40

Have cell phone plans really gotten that much cheaper by ditching subsidies? If you put $300 on a $1300 phone these days, that's still an extra $500 a year for a 2-year contract on top of your plan

I know my first few Android phones were $200-300 anyway

20. RyanPm40

You're right! Didn't realize they were that expensive at launch. I didn't really pay attention to those prices since the iPhone was an ATT exclusive while I had Verizon (so weird to think about)

21. As I sit here thinking the iPad is the best couch baseball machine of all time. I’m also still not sure how there’s no Instagram iPad app. How did we get a rip off of Snapchat and TikTok but no iPad app.

22. MidDave

Anyone got a smart light suggestion for me? I’m looking for something similar in shape to the Phillips Hue Bar Light, but brighter. 530 Lumens feels light for the dungeon I live in Lol. The hope is we put it behind the picture frames on our entertainment center so it shines upward without giving my gf a migraine. Pic included.

Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

23. Separate 10 bucks a month each for our series 3. Not going cellular when we upgrade watches next. We never need it. Always have our phone.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  24. 14 beta is crashing my Instagram app constantly the last couple days.

David Parke likes this.
  25. JamesMichael

Safari 4K video is leaps better than Chrome/Firefox. The decoder is ridiculously resource-efficient, playing 4k YouTube videos on an external 4k monitor poses almost no stress on CPU/GPU. Doing the same YouTube 4k video in Chrome and the performance is not even comparable.