Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 608

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. JayLightBeer Jul 25, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 25, 2020)
    Thought i was ready a month or so ago and now I’m ready for a new Laptop. Looking at the MacBook Pro 13 with the i5 and 16gb of ram. The 1799.99 version is 1649 right now at Best Buy. My buddy is trying to talk me into a Windows PC. Everything I have is Apple. Would do some photoshop and light video editing.

Question: Is AppleCare necessary?

2. dorfmac

Trusted

better safe than sorry. Nice to not have to worry.

3. yeah ended up getting it.

4. you don't really know what you are missing until you get an updated MacBook. Wow this is fast.

5. AppleCare is 100% necessary especially when you're already putting over 1500 into the machine

6. 333 GANG

ACAB

I really, really want a new Apple TV model to drop soon.

tyler2tall, RyanPm40, Brent and 2 others like this.
  7. Anyone know how to fix this? Ive never had a garage band account on my Apple ID. My OCD is going to hate seeing that 1 bubble above the App Store.

Attached Files:

8. Can you delete it and redownload?

9. That worked. Didn't even think about that. Still getting used to macOS. Thanks!

10. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I thought the same thing would happen when I upgraded from a base 21.5" iMac from 2011 to a 2019 27" model... but... man has this system been a disappointment. I made the boot OS a SSD almost immediately and that has helped out, but the lack of RAM has made this a mess of a system using PS/really anything and is something I need to upgrade ASAP.

11. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I think RAM is still user replaceable on the 2019 models, so it shouldn't be too expensive of an upgrade.

Brent likes this.
  12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

In 2019 Apple was still releasing models without SSDs? That sounds insane to me. Is that still the case with 2020 models?

EDIT

Ohh, were talking about an iMac and not a laptop

Brent likes this.
  13. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Just upgraded to the latest iOS 14 beta and whilst I’m digging the new (or old) red Apple Music icon/theme I preferred the old widget colour. The red contrast on my home screen just looks weird now.

14. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Agree agree agree

JamesMichael likes this.
  16. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

work upgraded our ipads today and the new 12.9" is sliiiick. i think the first thing im always impressed with on newer apple devices is how good the speakers sound. the 16" pros sound nuts and this ipad is damn good for it's size and build

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the 12.9" ipad pro is a perfect device

jorbjorb and Anthony Brooks like this.
  18. PolarBlare, 333 GANG and jorbjorb like this.
  19. I am a very happy stockholder today

David Parke and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. razorburn

Trusted

21. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Me too.

22. Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

I want to buy a gimbal for the iPhone but there are so many options it is sort of intimidating. The DJI Mobile 3 seems to be the highest rated one around, but it seems to not have as features as Zhiyun's Smooth 4 or Q2, Hohem iSteady+, but is slightly still more expensive? Ugh.

23. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

Just got my AirPod Pros and gotta say they're amazing. Thank you both for replying!

maryp1603 and Jason Tate like this.
  24. easily the best Apple product available today

LosManosFuertes likes this.
  25. I'm definitely going sizing down from the Pro Max to the Pro this fall - especially if those size increase rumors are true. I've dropped my Pro Max on my face countless times these past weeks in bed lol

mescalineeyes likes this.