Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 607

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. to no one's surprise I've never had any issues with my Apple TV Siri remote - you can set up how you want the track pad to respond and I just put it on the fastest haha. I probably charge my remote every 2-3 months

2. I mean the WWE Network app fucking sucks tho haha

blast0rama likes this.
  3. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

maybe your TV has inherently lower input lag Drew

4. Apple’s Promise for 2030
    By 2030, Apple will be 100% carbon neutral. Our comprehensive carbon footprint will net to zero. And we’re sharing a detailed plan for how we’ll get there — so that companies large and small can not only see why we’re doing this, but how we’re doing it.

Christian Romero likes this.
  5. mescalineeyes likes this.
  6. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I don't have experience with lag using the Apple TV remote. I just hate the swipe surface and accidental taps. Can't tell you how many times my cats have walked or laid on it and it registered taps. There are some things in this world that I just prefer having buttons for, and a TV remote is one of those.

7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I have no major input lag on my ATV remote and I only have to charge it 2-3 times a year, but the skip forward and backward by 30 seconds does not work and never has. Apparently a known hardware issue that I wish I knew earlier.

My main complaint with the remote is how easy it is to misplace it. I lost mine 2-3 years ago, and gave up and bought a new one. Still have no idea where the original went haha. At least Roku has a "find my remote" feature.

Otherwise, just weird bugs like being unable to cast to YouTube unless I force close the app, or Hulu not refreshing my most recent episodes of a show until I force close it (or I often have to force close Hulu simply because it stays spinning on the loading screen). Apple TV doesn't seem to handle multi-tasking apps stuck in the background from the previous day very well

8. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Prefer this to the current one.

9. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

That looks like the old iOS 7 one before they redid the whole Music/iTunes color scheme for Apple Music. Always wished they kept the red, so I like this a lot.

10. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

why dont they just do the big sur icons and get it over with lol

pauljgreco likes this.
  11. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

Got an Apple Card today. I'm a true shill now.

dylan, Brodobaggins34 and Jason Tate like this.
  12. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Were you drawn in by that $50?

13. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

I’ve been thinking about getting one for a while, but the promo sealed the deal on applying this month instead of later, since I already use Apple Music and so I’ll get the daily cash whenever my subscription auto-renews.

14. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Does anyone mind doing some tech support for me?

I'm having an issue where anytime my macbook connects to my network certain sites will become blocked on every device also connected to that network all of a sudden. When I shut the macbook down and restart the router it's back to normal until I reconnect the macbook. Google is almost always blocked but the other sites getting blocked seem to be random.

I've just been using a VPN to prevent it because I've drawn a complete blank on my research but now I'm having troubles because a site that I need to use restricts VPNs.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

15. Seems like maybe a DNS issue? What do you mean by blocked? Not loading?

16. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I've looked into DNS issues and i haven't had a lot of luck but i'm not entirely sure I was doing it correctly to be honest. I was using the google dns for a while but in my troubleshooting i think I went back to the automatic DNS.

and yeah it doesn't load and comes up with an unable to connect error message

17. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

heh! of course the first time I ask for help instead of trying to fix it myself I can't recreate the problem :eyeroll:

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Does anyone else's MacBook straight up refuse to honor the order of wifi networks you have set up?

I have the xfinitywifi hotspot on the bottom of the list but it ALWAYS connects to it first, and it is incredibly slow on that network compared to any phone on it, to the point where pages time out on me until I realize I'm not on my own network. The joys of living in an apartment building lol.

Literally never happens with my Win 10 laptop for work

19. Yeah, that sounds like DNS or the router itself having some kind of 'protection' kind of thing on it.

I'd try various DNS stuff to see if it may be that:

Announcing 1.1.1.1: the fastest, privacy-first consumer DNS service

RyanPm40 and yeahrightdude like this.
  20. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Thank you!

I'll try that as soon as it starts acting up again...

I've dealt with this every single time I've used my macbook for like 6 months and out of nowhere it started working on it's own for whatever reason lol

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Not a big fan of the new music widget in this beta update

22. morgantayler Jul 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 24, 2020)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Just found out that AirPods still work after one gets run over by a truck so that’s cool.

23. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

My Series 1 Magic Mouse officially died. Is the Series 2 the best option for my MacBook Pro or is there a Logitech or something similar I should look at instead?

24. It really depends what you want in a mouse. There's others that are highly rated with lots of spinners and wheels and things, but if you like the Magic Mouse and how it works/feels ... I still think it's the way to go.

maryp1603 likes this.
  25. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Perfect, thanks.