Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 604

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I still have my X from when I upgraded to the 11 Pro so I'll run it on that first to see how it is

2. Really tempted to download the public beta but also real tempted to just wait and not risk! I DONT NEED IT.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. chris

Trusted Supporter

oh hell ya I can't wait to agonize over all the customization I can do with all that

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Stable so far. Honestly other than the all the different Home Screen customizations I’m playing around with, I can’t even tell this isn’t iOS 13.

I like it, but right now the only widgets are for the first party apps. Once there are more widgets, I can see myself getting really into building different home screens for different tasks, sort of like I have different watch faces on my Apple Watch for when at work, working out, etc.

6. EddieDS

Regular Supporter

no app library on ipad????

7. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

No :(

8. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Shortcuts finally has folders. Game has changed.

Jason Tate and pauljgreco like this.
  9. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

i have nothing to do at work so ill fuck around with the beta on my phone

zigbigwig likes this.
  10. MidDave

They're gonna let app developers create widgets for their apps yeah? Wouldn't mind getting Spotify on the homescreen

zigbigwig likes this.
  11. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Might wait until iPhone 12 to use iOS 14 so the whole experience of a new iPhone is heightened.

Supernova and pauljgreco like this.
  12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Does anyone here swim with their Apple Watch? I have a series 3 and have always taken if off when water is involved just because that's how my brain has been trained over the years with electronics. Also, if I have the sport band on my watch, is that secure enough to swim with?

13. yeah you should good with both - just turn on the water lock!

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  14. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I do sometimes. No issues with the electronics or the band being secure.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  15. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I really hope they update the music widget to display more than just your recently played albums or playlists

pauljgreco likes this.
  16. Installing now on my XS Max. Excited!

17. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

It's so silly the iPad doesn't get to have widgets anywhere you want them on the home screen. I can understand the app library not being there maybe, but that just seems so strange

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  18. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

It took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out I'm restricted to the Today View for widgets. Very irritated about that.

pauljgreco likes this.
  19. Dan CiTi Jul 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 10, 2020)
    Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

welp...did the public beta for iOS 14 last nite on my X...loving it. some widgets are lil broken, and obviously some old ones I like on my left of home Merriam-Webster, Forza, Overcast, and Plex are not updated but otherwise it's been so nice. Down to two home screens, and have two smart stacks in the left of home too. Hopefully the news widget gets more customization at 1.0/GM. Oh and I hope the Notes widget gets a toggle to display your top 3 pinned notes instead of just the most recent three, that'd be great.
    So far:
    [​IMG]

Christian Romero likes this.
  20. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Yeah, I really like this customization.
    2C3ECBF9-F963-430A-95F4-D52C3CB717B1.jpeg

21. MidDave

My news widgets keep showing up blank :-/

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  22. MidDave

I would kill for a Google Analytics widget.

23. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

things i noticed for Shortcuts iOS14
    - Split text is bugged. Not working for me. i tried my wife’s phone which was ios13 and it’s working
    - Not sure when this was added but creating Reminders now lets you add Images and a URL, not just Notes

24. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

So I took the plunge and downloaded iOS 14 and so far I love it! The beta is smooth and I’ve not spotted any issues so far.

If anyone is going to upgrade I’d recommend backing up first of course.