Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 603

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

I love the look, but I won’t install it until probably a year from now when all of my music production software confirms they support it.

JamesMichael and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Almost forgot to check if my laptop is still supported for Big Sur. Looks like I'm all set with my 2014 MBP, hell yeah. Wild that a 6 year old device still gets regular support

3. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Apples support for old devices is just insane. They've done incredible work to keep new versions of macOS and iOS (probably iPadOS in the future) work on older devices.

LightWithoutHeat and RyanPm40 like this.
  4. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

watchOS 7 isn’t going to be compatible with my series 2 so i think i will upgrade this fall

5. Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

Big Sur looks cool but man some of those icons look temp/awful. Especially iMovie and QuickTime, so bad. iMovie I never even have installed but it's too bad QuickTime's is so lazy. Some like Preview, Final Cut, Photobooth, Font Book, Compressor, Image Capture, and Garage Band look really nice though.

I wonder if Instagram Live will take advantage of PiP. Previously/so far they have worked like FaceTime, if you change apps it pauses until you go back into IG. Hopefully this changes to work like the new FaceTime.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah I feel like it's going to become so easy to accidentally skim past an icon on my Mac when Big Sur comes out. I know it's the norm on phones, but I've gotten so used to how they all look now

It's one thing when it's incremental changes to random apps, but to do it all at once is a big adjustment

EddieDS likes this.
  7. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Has there been any word on what features aren’t going to be available on the older watch models for watchOS7?

8. Iain

Regular

FYI: Apple giving 10% bonus money if you top up your Apple ID

9. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

What does that mean top up?

10. Iain

Regular

The part in the App Store you can “add funds” to your account.

11. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Subaru had a software upgrade for the head unit and now I have portrait carplay and it’s so much better than landscape

macbethfan likes this.
  12. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Oh shit finally! How'd you push the update just through the unit or did you take it in?

dylan likes this.
  13. dylan

It'll be OTA in the near future, you can take it in, or you can do it yourself if you have a spare flashdrive and are comfortable doing it. Does Jocelyn have the navigation or not?

14. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I don't remember.. I don't think so. She has to take it in to the dealer soon anyways for an oil change so we'll probably just have them do it then

15. dylan

coward. ask for the 504 update when you go in

16. so I sold my iPad Pro today but the buyer had no interest in my accessories so I am selling my Smart Keyboard (12.9 in third generation) and my second generation Apple Pencil for very fair prices - if interested DM me!

zigbigwig likes this.
  17. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

The iOS 14 public beta has not been released yet, correct?

18. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Right. Sometime in July, usually a couple of days after the third developer beta drops. Which, the second developer beta just dropped a few minutes ago.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  19. Cmoney86

Trusted

July 13 is the rumored release date from a quick google search

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  20. Scarecrow Boat Jul 8, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 8, 2020)
    Scarecrow Boat

Regular

Question for the Mac/iPhone/Apple Music crowd: if I plug my iPhone into my Mac and try to add music in my iTunes to my Apple Music, will it work? Will it delete all the music I already have saved on my phone? Up until now the two libraries are separate but I really want to try and add some stuff that’s not on Apple Music now. Can it be done?

Edit: NVM I figured it out!

21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Got a new car yesterday and have car play. I have been made new :praise:

22. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

And you're lucky because you didn't need to experience CarPlay on iOS 12, which was fucking ugly in comparison.

disambigujason likes this.
  23. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Downloading the iOS14 Public Beta now. Here we gooooooo

24. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I'm in there. I wanna see all your widgets!

25. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Probably going to put this on my iPad and not my phone, but it seems like everyone has had a pretty pleasant beta so far?