Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 602

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Skeeeeeetchy

2. Lolllllol

3. The ARM stuff from Craig here is pretty fascinating insight.

4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Random question. If iOS14 isn't out until the fall, will the new, unannounced iPhone 12 likely launch at the same time?

5. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Most likely yes. There could be some delays this year on the iPhone, though. Historically, the new iOS will launch about 2 days before the new iPhone is released.

cryates and RyanPm40 like this.
  6. RyanPm40

Good to know, thanks!

I want to give iOS a shot after being with Android for so long, and the new Android-like features of iOS 14 have made me want to take the plunge, but if the 12 is coming out at the same time, I might as well hold off and get the newer phone with 5G support

Daniel182 likes this.
  7. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I'm excited to try it too. I am going to upgrade my 2017 iPhone X this year, so it should be all around a nice update.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I did what I said I wouldn’t do this year and installed the beta. Very surprisingly stable so far for a first beta.

Brent likes this.
  9. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Right? The only thing that's kinda glitchy are the widgets and the mail app for me.

10. I know that I’m a little late to the party, but finally trying out the trackpad support on iPadOS and... it’s pretty damn great. Now I want to use this full time instead of my work laptop :crylaugh:

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  11. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I just got a work laptop (Windows ugh) but honestly i think this will spur me to sell my MacBook and just go all in on the iPad Pro as my primary personal computer

Christian Romero and pauljgreco like this.
  12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Hopefully the battery life isn’t sacrificed for this.

GrantCloud and RyanPm40 like this.
  13. RyanPm40

Yeah, should be interesting. If it's anything like Samsung, it might be possible to disable

14. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Trying Overcast over Apple Podcasts.

Having the remaining count beside the playlist is a feature I want. Does Overcast have that option? I can’t find it but maybe I’m just missing something.

15. Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

Sexy. I really want the iPhone 12 Pro to be a winner, praying for USB-C to finally come in to the phone. Oh and Night Mode to be even more powerful to allow for the night sky photography of the some recent Android phones. I'd like to upgrade from my X with no reservations.

also big question with PiP on iOS14, how does YouTube work? does it let you do it without needing YT Red?
    Tempted to upgrade to the beta but even things like Lightroom and Moment aren't flawless now on my iPhone X on 13.

Christian Romero likes this.
  16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

More iOS 7 hiccups... watch seems to get stuck to the time I previously opened it up past the clock screen. Threw me off a couple times checking the time today.

17. I looooove overcast. I can't wait for an Overcast widget (fingers crossed).

I don't think that I have seen that playlist feature, but I rarely use playlists in overcast. I will normally just add podcasts into a que as they come up.

pauljgreco likes this.
  18. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

That's something Youtube would need to add into their app, so nobody's really sure yet. It's available without Red on Android, but since that's Google's own platform they may paywall it for iOS. People have gotten Youtube PiP working when playing through Safari, though.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. Just tested it. No. I doubt they’d allow that. I believe it works with a subscription. I believe Marques Brownlee said it worked on his phone

20. RyanPm40

Yeah last I heard, YouTube isn't going to allow PiP on an iPhone because they only allow it on Android if you have YouTube Premium, and iOS is too locked down for them to do subscription-based PiP. Apple apparently forced an "all or nothing" approach. Getting YouTube Premium or YouTube Music subscriptions through their apps are also apparently much more expensive on an iPhone because Apple makes them give a cut of the profits. Definitely subscribe through a browser to save a lot of money.

Not sure if they changed that in iOS 14. I'll miss that feature a lot when moving to iOS if the above stays true. I use it constantly

21. Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

it's a rare case but I love the handful of accounts that post old vinyl 45s like this one. as well I like listening to a handful of other songs I don't have on Plex or other music apps, it would be nice if YouTube on iPhone was more flexible. Maybe somehow Google would release some special paid app that allows it? idk. I still wouldn't put down the money for my limited usage though.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. RyanPm40

Yeah good point on a separate paid app, I feel like that would be an effective way for Google getting around things

23. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Ordered a pair of Airpods Pro even though on IG a bunch of music nerds said I shouldn't in my poll. Probably should've seen that coming haha.

24. adrian

high and lows, they go something like this... Supporter

Just wanted to drop a comment about how much I love the Smart Keyboard for my iPad Air. I bought it used on eBay for $60 and I’m really surprised how often I’ve gone to it over my Mac over the last couple weeks. The keyboard shortcuts add a lot to the OS and being able to bring in a mouse if needed is seamless.

Yes, I wrote this comment just so I could type with the keyboard.

25. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

So has anyone installed Big Sur on their main machine yet? Curious how it holds up. Never wanted to install an OS before launch as much as Big Sur but I’m wary that it will be buggy...

RyanPm40 likes this.