Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 601

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Dan CiTi Jun 22, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 22, 2020)
    Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

Whoa that's cool as heck.

Odd. Maybe this is one of those things where Apple doesn't include all the same default features apps between iPhone and iPad. Calling it iPadOS sort of "justified" that, but this would suck even more than not just having Calculator on there by default.

SEANoftheDEAD and pauljgreco like this.
  2. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

sent by my friend this looks pretty stable to me :crylaugh:. i want to try it out but i don't have an extra device. i think i'll just wait for the public beta.

Image from iOS (2).png

3. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I have it on my main and everything so far has been working fine. Will know more after another day of course.

4. I'm having a surprising amount of fun using my finger to re-enter all my passwords. Still transferring everything to this new machine but I'm loving it so far. Can't wait to start working in Logic and seeing how my workflow compares.

Also, I definitely remember having iOS 13 as soon as it dropped and it worked fine for me on my iPhone XS all summer, even when the phone was in the heat all day while I was working.

5. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Some smart developer better right quick turn that backtap feature into "tap for 911 and give them my location" because that's a brilliant way to use that.

6. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

What Are Google Instant Apps and How Do They Work?

they did something call Instant apps a while back. I couldn't remember the name and I had to ask a friend. I don't think it's used a lot.

RyanPm40 likes this.
    RyanPm40 and Christian Romero like this.
  8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

zigbigwig likes this.
  9. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Only weird thing on BigSur I can find annoying so far is Twitter vids not working (say, linked here on on Twitter itself) while using Firefox. Still works on Safari, though.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. I agree but I would 100% do it by accident like all the time

RyanPm40 and Brent like this.
  11. EntryLevelTank

Yeah I def thought about that. Curious how deliberate and sensitive it is.

12. Squeeze volume and power to do just that. Just keep holding it and it’ll call 911 and send your location to the setup contacts.

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  13. EntryLevelTank

Apple 1 Me 0

14. You can also do this by pressing the power button 5 times in a row. One time I set it off during a massive lecture. That was fun.

15. I didn’t know that was possible. Damn. (Don’t test it it’s immediate.)

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  16. Iain

Regular

AirPods Pro firmware update out: 2D27.

17. shea

RIP Supporter

Does that fix the cracking/popping? Mine have started doing that and also cutting in and out for like a second or two over and over again with seemingly no rhyme or reason. Hoping it’s a software thing although apparently it’s a breeze to have them replaced if they’re defective..

18. Iain

Regular

On Macrumours there were a whole load of folk asking the same question. However, seems to be a consensus that this does not fix it and that you would need to have them replaced.

Apple Updates AirPods Pro Firmware to Version 2D27

I didnt have that issue, but my left AirPod pro was just crap. Fairly easy to get sorted on the apply help chat. For me they made me pay a deposit which was refunded once my old AirPod pro was returned. Doesnt seem like that is common in USA though.

shea likes this.
  19. EntryLevelTank

Is anyone trying out the iOS14 Beta?

20. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

No issues thus far on my 11.

watchOS 7 was weird this morning though... couldn’t tap/scroll anywhere on the screen. Restarting fixed that though.

21. EntryLevelTank

I set it up on my iPad Mini 4. So far, the today view has vanished haha

22. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

So I must’ve jinxed myself... getting a fun error when opening USAA’s app.

Attached Files:

pauljgreco likes this.
  23. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Having the SE is wild cause physically it is the absolute same as my old phone in every way, case included :crylaugh:

jorbjorb and macbethfan like this.
  25. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

That’s insane. I’ll never, ever install Tiktok.

jorbjorb likes this.