Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 6

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. I'd probably use Safari as my default but most people that view AP.net use Chrome and I feel like I should make sure things look and work right for the most people. I really like how Safari looks and the sync with iOS would be great — and it's way better on battery for laptops.

3. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Definitely noticed this as well. I mainly use Chrome, but whenever I'm out and about, Safari all the way. Definitely made it so I could make it through a heavy day of classes. I did notice that Chrome has gotten a lot better recently, but Safari still seems to have it beat.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I got pissed off with Chrome because it was struggling badly with gifs a while back and killing memory. Switched to Edge when I was on Windows 10 for a little bit, then Firefox dev edition. Haven't looked back from Safari since getting a macbook.

Vivaldi wasn't bad when I was using it at release but I was waiting on more development for it.

Vivaldi is pretty much the spiritual successor of Opera in case anyone was wondering.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. RyanPm40

Yeah, it really bothers me that Chrome opens a new running process for each opened tab. Seems like a really strange move and waste of memory.

7. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

8. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Switched to Safari when I got my MacBook and started using it on my phone after that

9. PyramidPostcard Mar 16, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 16, 2016)
    PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

Does anyone here know anything about iTunes? Specifically, I'm having trouble with an album I just added to mine. Even though I have the album/album artist the same in both the main fields and the sorting fields, iTunes insists this album is a different artist. Is there any way to fix that?
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Weirdly, messing around with the artist name managed to add 8 of the 9 tracks to the main fall out boy artist listing, but for some reason one song won't?

10. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

11. RyanPm40

Hmm, it's been a while since I've used iTunes, but if I remember correctly, you need to make sure that both the Artist and Album Artist fields in "Get Info" match up in all of the tracks. I've had weird stuff like that happen in the past, not sure if that's what you already tried?

12. PyramidPostcard

Tried that. And it seems to recognize they're on the same album in other ways, as they appear together on album and songs view, and they're in the same folder in my itunes library stuff. But just not the artists view, which is what I primarily use. idgi

13. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

I've had that same issue with FOB since starting Apple Music - only that band and only since starting AM though for some reason. I haven't looked into it yet really though
    [​IMG]

In the past when this has happened, if you change all of the songs Artist Name (like deleting the Album Artist) and it does it for all but one song, on that one song I just change the Album Artist again then change it back to whatever the others are and it usually works for some reason. Really OCD about this kind of stuff.

14. PyramidPostcard

Yeah, this kind of stuff really bothers me. I actually managed to fix 8 of the 9 songs with that method, but there's still one track that won't move no matter what I do. So frustrating.

15. This pisses me off every time it happens.

16. RyanPm40

Dang, my wifi speeds on my Macbook keep dropping from 170mbps, to 30mbps, and then sometimes losing connection altogether, despite being perfectly fine on my phone, chromecast and Apple TV. Guess that's what I get for downloading the beta :shrug:.

Truth be told, I only downloaded the beta because I was having strange wifi issues prior, but version 7 of the beta seems to be worse! Youtube no longer airplays from Safari so I have to airplay my entire desktop :sly:

17. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

When I was in middle school/early high school I would sometimes buy a few songs off of an album and download the rest and I always had all kind of issues back then haha. I'm not sure why they can't find an automated system for it now, especially given that 95% of the music on my computer is just via Apple Music.

18. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Nylas is working great - glad I finally gave it a try. Will definitely tide me over until I try out Spark whenever that releases.

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

This thread seems like an appropriate place to share this:

20. Glenn Peoples, reporting for Billboard:
    Dubset Media Holdings has announced a partnership that will allow Apple Music to stream remixes and DJ mixes that had previous been absent from licensed services due to copyright issues. Thousands upon thousands cool mash-ups and hour-long mixes have effectively been pulled out of the underground and placed onto the world’s second-largest music subscription service.

Dubset is a digital distributor that delivers content to digital music services. But unlike other digital distributors, Dubset will use a proprietary technology called MixBank to analyze a remix or long-form DJ mix file, identify recordings inside the file, and properly pay both record labels and music publishers.

21. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

@Jason Tate didn't get the favicons to work. i'm likely just too lazy to deal with it haha. Safari has been much better for my battery so far though. Never realized how much more Chrome used.

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. RyanPm40

Anyone know how the heck I get my local itunes content shared to my apple tv? When I turn on home sharing in both itunes and apple tv, all I'm seeing is my purchased items.

23. Logged in to same Apple ID on both? iTunes open? Sharing button clicked in iTunes preferences.

(It being annoying like this is one of the reasons I moved to Plex.)

24. RyanPm40

Yep to all! I actually had it all working before, but then I downloaded a new album that didn't show up on the TV. I tried signing out and signing back in, and now only my purchased stuff shows up. Oh well I guess heh

Now for the really weird part: in part of my troubleshooting, I deleted my iTunes library settings file to wipe the library, and when I dragged them back in from my music folder, iTunes created duplicate copies of EVERY single file (ex: song.mp3, song 1.mp3). Not sure why the hell that would happen, but annoying for sure. Just threw a terminal command in filtering for "* 1.*" and deleted them all that way, but I'm afraid of it happening again.

25. RyanPm40

Ok, I'm just dumb. I forgot / didn't realize that I have to go to the "Computers" icon on the Apple TV to view my homeshared music. Clicking the "Music" icon only shows purchased. This seems like such a strange thing to keep separate to me, especially since both use the same apple ID, but glad I got it working... I could have sworn they saved under my "Music" on AppleTV before.

Jason Tate likes this.