Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 591

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

wow those new Apple Watch leather bands look awful. weirdly toy-ish, like a puffer jacket or something. Apple needs to make the watch less toy-ish if anything. the current ones are so dang cool too.

Brent likes this.
  2. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

E1CFA559-0037-491C-809B-095DEB2A31A8.png

Sean Murphy likes this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Speakers on my MacBook are completely shot. My iPhone XR is heading that way too. Can't turn the volume up past %50 before it starts sounding like static. Super annoying.

4. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Hey everyone, looking for a rec.

I currently own a MacBook Pro (2017) and use it strictly to create music with Logic and some basic Photoshop work. Recently, it's been crashing a ton while using Logic and I'm thinking about upgrading.

I'd like to stay in the $1500 ballpark - does anyone have one of the all-in-one iMacs? Worth getting? Or what do you think would be the best for my situation?

5. chris

Trusted Supporter

new MBP arrived today to replace my mid-2010 model. I'm in the future baybeeeee

6. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

My first question would be why the thing keeps crashing? A 2017 model should still have another couple of years in it, easy.

disambigujason likes this.
  7. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

iPad Pro + AirPods Pro = THE WORLD OF TOMORROW TODAY

(Also Comixology looks gorgeous on this sweet sweet panel.)

8. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

no idea. Never crashed til I installed Logic and started recording. After about 10 songs in, it randomly crashes.

whats your second question?

9. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

No second question, I guess. I'd hate for you to spend the money on a new computer and encounter the same crashing issue. It might not be hardware related.

Anyway, it's hard to go wrong with an iMac. $1500 will get you the higher end 21", but if you wait for a sale you can probably grab the 27" for around $1600. That will get you a little extra horsepower in addition to the larger screen, which never hurts. That's the main value proposition of the iMacs. You get more processing power per dollar than the laptops, which would made a difference for the sorts of things you're doing.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  10. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I appreciate this. Yeah honestly, I feel as if Logic is overpowering my macbook. Whenever I start adding more plugins or a project starts getting large, the system freezes or crashes. I was just looking into mac minis. I feel as if I can get more bang for my buck. How do you feel about the minis, or do you think iMac is the way to go?

11. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

I really liked my mac mini. iMacs can scale up higher than mac minis iirc, but mine worked just fine for running Logic.

Before you buy something new, though, are you getting an error popup before/after the crash? Like a system report? There might be information in there that could help diagnose the issue. Or doing a system restore (after saving important files) could help as well. My 2015 pro is still running Logic with no issues.

12. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

its so strange, my screen goes black and goes to the computer reboot screen. Ill have to check the diagnostic report. I usually just hit “send report” but never even checked it.
    Also what do you mean by the imac can scale up higher? Like upgrade?

13. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Just that they can be fitted with better processors and memory, historically. Not sure if that's still the case.

14. Iain

Regular

So i have had the magic keyboard for nearly a month. After the initial ‘struggling to use a different keyboard’ issues, I’m loving it.

The main gripe that i have is that i feel the mouse pad click is pretty loud.

Drew Beringer likes this.
  15. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

My new MBP 13" with the magic keyboard is theoretically coming tomorrow, unless it's delayed by UPS. Really excited, my current 2015 MBP is starting to struggle with Logic, so I'm hoping the newer processor does the trick.

Drew Beringer likes this.
  16. I just ordered a maxed out 13". Stoked.

RyanPm40, pauljgreco and PolarBlare like this.
  17. chris

Trusted Supporter

The speakers on this thing (in comparison) are bonkers

18. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...to-announce-move-to-its-own-mac-chips-at-wwdc

19. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I've got the new SE coming in the mail. Seemed like a good deal.

20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Is it just me or does the ESPN app suck? Every time I open a notification from them it just takes me to a home screen that never loads. I then have to force quit the app and reopen just to be able to try to find whatever story they just sent me

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the ESPN app is absolutely dreadful, i just have each individual league's app.

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  22. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’m glad for once it’s not just me

23. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

Update: this new MacBook Pro is great. Blazing fast, and super sleek looking coming from the previous design. I love the Space Gray, and the screen is beautiful. I might even like the new keyboard better than the older scissor version on my 2015. The only thing I think will take a while to adjust to is the Touch Bar, since after 10 years of function keys on my MBPs I've become pretty comfortable with where the brightness and volume are. It's weird having to look down at the keyboard to adjust them.

24. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Just ordered a Mac Mini and now I need some accessories. Do you think the magic keyboard is a must or am I better off saving money and just getting a cheaper bluetooth keyboard?

25. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I think as long as it's a Bluetooth keyboard with really solid reviews and has Mac keys on it (command key, option, volume, brightness, etc.) then you're probably safe.

I've had bad luck in the past but it was also some sketchy $10-15 keyboard I got on Amazon. Lesson learned lol.