Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 589

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. The entire current laptop lineup looks great imo. From the air to the 16” it’s all solid.

JayLightBeer likes this.
  2. Thanks. Just trying to get back into it and want something that will last a bit.

3. Would you say this one would be good for the price? Or is the 999 one comparable enough to not notice?
    13-inch MacBook Air - Space Gray

https://store.apple.com/xc/product/MVH22LL/A

4. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Definitely go with the i5. Those 2 extra cores will make a nice difference when you boot up Photoshop.

If you plan on keeping it another ten years, definitely consider bumping it to 16gb of ram.

JayLightBeer likes this.
  5. I definitely recommend 16 gb of ram as well. (At least.)

6. Christian Romero and macbethfan like this.
  7. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Damn, good for Gruber and Thompson.

macbethfan likes this.
  8. iOS 13.5 with some much needed features

9. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Never thought I'd be so excited for contract tracing app support and Face ID changes for mask-wearers :worried: What a strange timeline we're living in.

333 GANG, blast0rama and Jason Tate like this.
  10. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Ok I’m really confused and I have some questions so hopefully someone here can explain like I’m five.

recently I backed up all my photos to iCloud on my MacBook Pro. I’ve been using iCloud to back up photos on my iPad and iPhone since it came out but for some reason never did my MBP. So it took weeks to do because my MBP runs like shit, probably because it has over 40k photos and videos on it.

So now that they are backed up? Am I able to delete them without it affecting the backups uploaded to iCloud? I’m really scared to lose them because it’s basically all the photos from the last 6 years since my son was born (plus my shitty photography). I have been trying to move the photos to an external hard drive but for some reason I can’t do it with individual photos now, just the entire photos library file. Back when it was called iPhoto, you used to be able to go to the pictures photo and it would actually show each individual file. It doesn’t do this anymore.

my last hang up is I noticed now that they are backed up to iCloud, they also appear in the photos on my phone. I don’t have iCloud library turned on so I don’t know why they automatically went there. And are they taking up space on my phone? Because it doesn’t show that my available storage has changed at all.

Once again, sorry for the length. I don’t know when I became so out of touch with this stuff. I used to be the one giving out advice. Any insight is appreciated.

11. @Jason Tate now is our time to get encore on this platform

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Haha.

I hate "exclusive" podcasts so much. They can throw some cash at me and I'll sell out my principles very fast though.

13. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Wait, you don't want to be Joe Rogan?

14. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

On a positive note, it took less than 24 hours for Apple to ship me my replacement left AirPod pro. I forgot how these things were supposed to sound

15. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Saw some new rumors pop up of an Apple Glass concept. The exciting thing for me was it would actually work with prescription so they could be your primary glasses and not a fancy gadget which is interesting to me.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. [​IMG]

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  17. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Plug phone into macbook, command+spacebar "Image Capture", profit :)

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  18. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Yesterday it just occurred to me that I could just plug the phone into my computer and open up the DCIM folder and just copy that into the external hard drive

19. Iain

Regular

Got the magic Keyboard today for my IPad Pro 11inch. It is taking a wee bit of time to get used to the keyboard size. The location of the a key seems to be catching me out!

[​IMG]

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

That is niiice looking

himynameisiain likes this.
  21. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Jailbroke my new iPhone. First time and oh boy. It makes it so much better.

22. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

In what way exactly

23. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Now that the 13 inch Pro is out i cannot decide even more if I want to go for that, the new Air, or the new iPad Pro. As much as I think I'll use Logic all the time GarageBand seems to do the job for a lot of things.

24. RyanPm40 May 25, 2020
    (Last edited: May 25, 2020)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

So, in a world where every new phone seems to be 5G-enabled, is it still worth paying $1k+ on a 256GB 11 Pro? Or better to wait for the 12? If I do take the plunge from the Android world anyways. The 64GB is sadly not enough for me based on how much storage I've used on my current one

Any advice on getting good deals outside of a trade-in? Happy to see they only seem to care if your touch screen is cracked, which is great because only my back corner is cracked heh. I can get $100 for it

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I’d say wait for the 12. Prices should be the same.

RyanPm40 likes this.