Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 588

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

i just hate icons on the front page, i like the clean look. i don't keep icons on my desktop and only have one or two apps docked on my laptop as well

2. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

he's a psychopath

3. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Ay

Attached Files:

4. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I just do 2 rows, with front page being my most used apps, second page being some folders and third being apps i dont use as frequently, but used enough that being in a folder was an extra step that annoyed me. Then 4 icons in the dock that i use the most and want to be able to access regardless of page.

falafelmywaffle and jorbjorb like this.
  5. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

jorbjorb likes this.
  6. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

7. mtbenti

Newbie Supporter

I like that wallpaper

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. mtbenti likes this.
  9. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Noticed on my jog just now that my left AirPod pro is making a rattling noise. Like something is loose. I don’t know if it’s just not make a good seal and moving around or if something is actually loose. Third option is something is wrong with my ear, it does kind of feel like it’s making a clicky noise on its own. Anyone experience anything like this?

10. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Welcome to the club! We have a lot of members from across the globe!

Taketimeandfind and Jason Tate like this.
  11. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

My phone's home screen is 6 pages full of random apps that I somehow know exactly where to find. You all would go crazy using it.

Shakriel and 333 GANG like this.
  12. Yeah. They replaced mine no questions.

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  13. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Cool. I know there’s been talk of different complaints here and there about the AirPod pros but I never experienced anything until today. Guess I’ll be contacting them

14. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I was worried about the battery life of the Series 5 with Always On display, but I end the day with 60% left, which is pretty much the same as my Series 3.

macbethfan likes this.
  15. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

Oh man magic keyboard for the pro is amazing. Legit feels like a black macbook! I wish I could play some games that supported the trackpad and keys.

16. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

My Apple TV is driving me crazy. It keeps showing in the iOS remotes app the same Apple TV twice. I tried unpairing and repairing and no dice.

17. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I got this case recently in the mail, and it’s probably my favorite case I’ve ever owned. Even more so than Apple's leather case. It’s an ultra thin case, so don’t expect much (if any) drop protection, but I carry AC+ so no worries on that for me. The texture feels so nice.

Apple iPhone Cases // Latercase

18. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

19. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I got a fake email from Apple support today and it was written in comic sans. Lol

20. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

You must not have gotten the latest iOS/MacOS update that changes every machine they own to Comic Sans. :-p

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  21. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

27677E1B-DC6A-4B9F-A97D-4C8098A827E3.png CAB35254-B578-441B-B4E1-BA052244759F.png

after playing around i finally decided how i would want my revised homescreen to look like. something like this where every first icon on the row is a shortcut that does different things and then my most used apps for that category. for example the Messaging shortcut just lists all my messaging apps, Photos pops up a menu of things (open photo editor, delete all screenshots), Music shows a menu that includes a redirect to the bluetooth screen because I connect/disconnect to speakers and headphones a lot.

i already had a wallpaper and shortcut images that i like but figured i’d keep it generic for the screenshot haha

iOS Shortcuts is probably my favorite ios feature ever. just lets you do so many things. i wish they open up more permissions.

22. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

As an experiment, I'm going back to the Apple stock apps for a little while.

So far, I miss weather alerts from Carrot and the ease of entry for Things (versus Reminders -- though I haven't tried using Siri yet), but I've noticed better battery life + less memory usage on my laptop, so that's pretty rad.

Christian Romero likes this.
  23. Super fucking helpful ...

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 11.22.59 AM.png

Christian Romero likes this.
  24. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I get that it’s pretty niche and thus probably hasn’t had a lot of attention from Apple devs, but I find it amazing that manually uploading things to your iCloud Music library is still every bit as painful as it was when the service first made its debut almost a decade ago

macbethfan and Anthony Brooks like this.
  25. My MacBook 2010 is about done. Haven’t had a laptop or iPad in a long time. Any suggestions on what’s the best bet that would be able to handle some photoshop and other design programs?