Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 573

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

If you mean technology wise, I use Reeder on both macOS and iOS with a FeedBin backend.

2. dorfmac

Trusted

Christian Romero likes this.
  3. Cool! I'm glad they work, I think I might try and order a pair to try out soon.

4. 333 GANG

ACAB

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

I've used Dark Sky for years so I think I like this news?

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Terrible news for Carrot if they do close off access to the API.

7. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

Guessing they will just switch to Weather Underground for all their data...

"Up until now Dark Sky, which offers highly-localized weather forecasts, was the sole data provider for CARROT Weather. But in its latest update, Premium Club members can now switch between Dark Sky and Weather Underground as their data source for weather information."

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oh missed that. Wonder if it’s viable.

9. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

It really sucks seeing these sorts of things happen. I'm a very loyal Carrot Weather subscriber, and that app is way better than any other weather app in my opinion. I don't like Dark Sky's interface at all, and don't get me started on how atrocious Apple's current weather app is. What's going to happen if Wunderground decides to do the same with their API? I know that's a risk that a developer takes when making an app dependent on third-party API's, but the Carrot app suite is just one guy, and he's incredibly talented at what he does. I'd hate to see his work be wiped out because of API restrictions.

This is similar to the Apollo reddit app developer. He has made the Reddit experience 1000 times better with all of the functionality he's built into the Apollo app, but if Reddit ever decided to restrict their API, his app would be useless and I would probably never use Reddit again if his app ceased to exist.

Nick likes this.
  10. Iain

Regular

Sorry for late reply... intrigued to see anyones start to finish with RSS feeds.

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Agreed. I would love if they kept it open.

not going to lie Apollo is the reason I use reddit. It was the first thing I used it on properly and absolutely love the app. I dread to think of that happens.

macbethfan likes this.
  12. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

taken from that article:

"Dark Sky says its API service for existing customers is not changing, but new signups will no longer be accepted. The API will work through the end of 2021, but after that time, developers will need to find another solution. The end of Dark Sky's API will impact other popular weather apps like Carrot, which uses the Dark Sky API."

13. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Why did it take them this long to add this feature? Spotify has had this for like a year at least

ECV, sean_rugy, Nick and 3 others like this.
  14. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

What I want is the option to share when I'm listening to something from my library. I don't use Apple Music, but I use the Music app, and it would be great to just be able to easily share an Apple Music link via text or to Twitter/Facebook/wherever.

15. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Imgur Image

At least Carrot had some humor about the situation B-)

16. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Pulled the trigger on a new iPad Pro 11”. Upgrading from an iPad Mini 4, so I’m very excited for everything about the pro.

17. My partners younger brother is staying with us for the week and let me tell ya... I am so thankful for these AirPods Pro while they're both here and I have to work from home

18. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Has anyone had experience with requesting refunds for iTunes purchases? I went to rent a movie for $.99 and I accidentally hit buy but didn’t realize it until after the purchased was approved with FaceID lol

pauljgreco likes this.
  19. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

One time somehow I signed up for TuneIn radio for a year because I forgot I had already done the trial before (I think it was like $100 or something) and they no problem refunded me! I just talked to them via chat and it went smoothly!

Edit: not the same exact scenario but they were nice and helpful with the refund so I'd assume you wouldn't have an issue

20. Callum Macleod

www.reportaproblem.apple.com - you can request to cancel/refund there. Usually an automatic process. Very pain free.

pauljgreco and morgantayler like this.
  21. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

22. Callum Macleod

Loving my new iPad. This thing is so nice for Comics. The Mini 4 did the job and lasted a good while but was just too small for my liking. Can’t wait for my case to arrive though, hate having to place it down “naked”, haha.

upload_2020-4-5_12-54-54.jpeg

23. Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

I know it’s old news but damn, the Apple webcams are just...so bad. Sucks to see Apple seek excellence in cameras for their phones but ignore their webcams for ages and ages.

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Idk, i’ve been using facetime/webcam feature a LOT these days and i havent really had any reason to complain?

what are the common issues?

25. I think the biggest complaint about the MacBook Air is the poor facetime camera. Valid complaint but I don't care much