Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 572

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Not cheap at all, but I've had my eyes on this AirPods Pro case, but I've decided to go caseless on the AirPods
    NOMAD® | Cases for AirPods Pro
    I haven't really seen any aftermarket ear tips, but I still see people modding the tips that come with the AirPods Pro with the memory foam from Viticci.

2. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

The white plastic Macbook keyboard is still something i think about on a daily basis. I long for that thing.

Christian Romero and pauljgreco like this.
  3. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

That was my first MacBook. I adored it. Though for the longest time I had a tech lust for the all-black plastic MacBook (at a $100 price increase, too!)

In other news, the iPad Pro reviews hit today.

Universally positive, but many did have the caveat of "Should you really be buying this at the beginning of what could be one of the greatest economic downturns of all time?"

macbethfan and Christian Romero like this.
  4. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

It was my first too and i spent so long lusting for the metal unibody. Now I wanna go back lol

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

a friend of mine was still using the original black macbook that he had just kept repairing it and replacing the HD in it forever. i was always jealous of how awesome it looked.

blast0rama likes this.
  6. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I would love to upgrade from my iPad Air 2 at some point, but I have no idea which iPad to get because I feel like there are too many options now haha. What one would be recommended just for reading and (maybe) sketching on? If I do decide to sketch on one, I'd for sure get an Apple Pencil over a 3rd party option.

7. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I'd go with the straight up iPad. It's a great deal IMO.

iPad 10.2-inch

Deanna, pauljgreco and disambigujason like this.
  8. dorfmac

Trusted

I ordered these and they should get here on sunday. inexpensive enough that even if they suck, no big deal. i like a few of the nomad products, but they're generally expensive. if this next cheap case fails me, then i'll take the plunge.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085NMG2ZK/?tag=absolutepunk-20

Christian Romero likes this.
  9. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Definitely the 10.2 inch. I have the previous version of the standard iPad when it was still 9.5, and two years later this thing is still fantastic.

Deanna likes this.
  10. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

true story: my first day on the job as a graduate assistant in my University's Instructional Technology Center, I was tasked with performing some general maintenance on a set of these white plastic Macbooks.

I sat down and got to work, breaking only to grab a bag of Cheetos around noon.

I'm sure you see where this is going.

11. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Thanks! I’ll check out pricing on those and see when I’d want to upgrade. Likely won’t happen right now but doesn’t hurt to plan ahead.

Christian Romero and pauljgreco like this.
  12. Thanks for sharing these, I didn't know people were making these! I'm definitely going to order them as well. Report back on what you think! I really love my AirPods Pro, but I never think the fit is perfect. I honestly love the way that the regular AirPods fit more, but the noise cancelling on the Pro are just too good.

13. New iPads look so good. I have the 2018 model so I won't be upgrading. Seriously considering getting that keyboard when it ships though.

disambigujason likes this.
  14. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

I know this isn’t technically Apple related, but I figured I’d ask. Now that I’ll be working from home for the foreseeable future, does anyone have recommendations for mouse pads or desk mats?

15. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

The keyboard is cool but the price is a bit hefty. I was shocked to find out the new camera still doesn't have portrait mode. I mean the iPad was never meant for taking photos but it would have been nice to have.

Christian Romero likes this.
  16. Who Would Have Thought an iPad Cursor Could Be So Much Fun?
    Move the pointer above a button and the circle morphs into the button itself, "snapping" into it, enveloping it like an amoeba, causing it to glow in a pleasing way. What this means is that the usual precision of a trackpad isn’t required to get exact hits on navigational elements. If you own an Apple TV, you’re already familiar with this vibe—it’s how the cursor on the TV “jumps” from icon to icon with a kind of sticky momentum. Similarly, on the iPad home screen, you can “lazily” slam the cursor around and have it lock onto applications with an eerie telepathy not experienced on a desktop OS.

The cursor itself, too, has momentum. It continues to glide on the screen for just a few short milliseconds after you stop moving your finger on the trackpad. This sounds more annoying than it is in practice. (And you can modify almost all these behaviors to your liking in Settings > General > Trackpad, and Settings > Accessibility > Pointer.) What I’ve found is that this momentum creates a subtle design cohesion between scrolling and scroll bounce, selecting applications, locking onto buttons, and just generally moving things around the screen.

sean_rugy likes this.
  17. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

love that it seems like they put way more thought into the whole cursor/trackpad feature other than "here's an arrow".

18. Ok

jorbjorb, himynameisiain and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

There was a rumor earlier in the day about a surprise iPhone 9 drop.

20. Iain

Regular

jorbjorb and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

my bank account

[​IMG]

22. adrian

high and lows, they go something like this... Supporter

Little pricy but I love my wool Grovemade desk pad.

23. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

that’s what I keep coming back to but just can’t justify the price lol

24. Iain

Regular

Not sure if this is the right place but what ya’ll set up for RSS feeds ? Recommendations?

25. Like the feeds themselves or the reader/app or service for the backend?