Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 570

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Cmoney86

Trusted

I’ve had 5ge since sometime last year like early last year.

2. Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

The idea of Apple's next announcement presentation thing being cancelled because of the virus seems odd. Yeah the products will probably be delayed or in limited numbers, but you can just shoot a Nintendo Direct-style video and stream it live. No one cares about having a shot of a crowd of people cheering at them adding some new cameras or w/e.

Dirty Sanchez and pauljgreco like this.
  3. WWDC is more than just a product announcement. It’s a week long conference of devs talking with engineers and taking sessions and stuff.

John Lopiano and Drew Beringer like this.
  4. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

WWDC had been doing streaming of some panels, correct?

5. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I’ve been thinking about this a lot, business is going to have to find a happy medium between managing the risks of the virus and still rolling out new products, otherwise things are just going to grind completely to a halt to everyone’s detriment. WWDC in its current form obviously can’t go ahead, but there’s no reason new product announcements can’t continue via streaming etc, same as what the games industry are going to have to do without E3. Supply chain management is obviously an issue (although China will probably be ramping back up in coming weeks), but if companies like Apple just retreat completely into their shell and disappear from public consciousness for months there’s a risk people just stop caring outright. People are going to be desperate for distractions and things to look forward to in order to restore a feeling of normalcy, so if companies want to maintain their position in the market they need to give them those distractions.

6. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

I see where you're coming from, but I'm not dropping $2500 on a new Macbook until I am fairly certain I'm not going to be dropping $15k on a hospital bill.

7. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Selling hockey gear in ^ This climate ^ has been a NIGHTMARE for me lol

8. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. Cool to see them donating to San Jose businesses to offset too.

sean_rugy and Christian Romero like this.
  10. rxbandit89

I feel like you're setting me up for a joke about climate change, but I can't figure out how to make it without feeling even bleaker about the state of the world.

11. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I was not. I sell hockey equipment and right now the only industry thriving is purell and charmin.

12. I'm interested to see what the main keynote is going to look like. Will it basically be the same as every other keynote, or are they going to go Nintendo Direct style? :shrug:

13. Guessing it will be in the Steve Jobs Theater and they’ll invite some media and some Apple employees.

14. rxbandit89

And bottled water! People are stocking up like this is a hurricane or a warzone. It's wild.

15. Cmoney86

Trusted

16. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

I was up at 3am when I saw Tim’s tweet about closing. I thought I wasn’t reading it right. It’s such a weird feeling. I always expect Apple to make the right call but it was nice seeing that we’re getting paid while we’re out. So many companies aren’t doing that.

17. since Brianna and I both have Airs and an iMac I’m selling my 12.9 iPad Pro with smart keyboard and pencil if anyone is interested

18. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

I’ve been looking at upgrading my iPad (have the original air now). How much were you thinking?

19. $900

20. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Probably a bit more than I can swing right now. Thank you, though!

Drew Beringer likes this.
  21. with the new iPad being announced I'm still selling mine but for $800 now haha

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

new ipad and keyboard look cool, but I can't justify the price of it.

23. new keyboard also works on last year's generation of iPad pro's which is nice

TheBaroness and Jason Tate like this.
  24. New MacBook Air with the scissor switch keyboard as well, starting at $999. I’m most likely picking that up later this year.

25. bummer for me cuz I just bought a new MacBook Air in January haha - oh well!

Christian Romero likes this.