Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 569

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. justin. Feb 18, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 19, 2020)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’ve been using iCloud since 2011 and I have never had any problems with photos until yesterday. My pet album (which has photos from 2011 - 2020) is now out of order instead of showing the photos in chronological order. Would anyone know why this is? It’s the only album that this is has happened to. I talked to Apple Support through chat but nothing was resolved.

2. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

my 'Chill Mix' that Apple Music updates every Sunday has been very good the past few weeks

blast0rama likes this.
  3. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

I had a few weeks of bangers on my New Music Mix, but this week was way off. I think I disliked half of the songs? Hopefully actually hitting the "Dislike" button helps...

4. blast0rama

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. The Computer Scientist Responsible For Cut, Copy, and Paste, Has Passed Away
    In addition to his contributions to some of Apple’s most famous hardware, [Larry Tesler] was also known for his efforts to make software and user interfaces more accessible. In addition to the now ubiquitous “cut,” “copy,” and “paste” terminologies, Tesler was also an advocate for an approach to UI design known as modeless computing, which is reflected in his personal website. In essence, it ensures that user actions remain consistent throughout an operating system’s various functions and apps. When they’ve opened a word processor, for instance, users now just automatically assume that hitting any of the alphanumeric keys on their keyboard will result in that character showing up on-screen at the cursor’s insertion point. But there was a time when word processors could be switched between multiple modes where typing on the keyboard would either add characters to a document or alternately allow functional commands to be entered.

LightWithoutHeat and sean_rugy like this.
  6. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Christian Romero likes this.
  8. shea

RIP Supporter

I bought a new car yesterday and just found out it has CarPlay.

How have I gone my entire adult life so far without this..lol

9. blast0rama

Half of why I want a new car is CarPlay.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

My new car doesn't even have blutooth =[

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Lol I've been swapping out my same Alpine deck with an aux cord in each new car for over 10 years now. It even originally had the old, wide iPod Video input cable before I found the aux adapter on eBay. Definitely long overdue for Bluetooth in the car

shea likes this.
  12. shea

RIP Supporter

The car I traded didn’t even have volume buttons on the steering wheel lol. I was already mind blown at the Bluetooth and touch screen but then I plugged my phone in to charge and the CarPlay stuff popped up and I was like..wat haha

pauljgreco and RyanPm40 like this.
  13. thevheissu

that's not how the force works Prestigious

My stereo was stolen about 5 years ago and I didn't want to spend the money to replace it so I have been driving around with a portable Bluetooth speaker in the spot my stereo goes.

jciswhatis, pauljgreco and RyanPm40 like this.
  14. RyanPm40

tenor (1).gif

15. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

This was me recently too, it’s amazing. I hadn’t used Apple Maps since it was first released and I’m actually stunned how much it’s improved, the traffic directions are far superior to Google Maps.

shea likes this.
  16. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

just ordered a HomePod for my new office because my Sonos One shit out on me. excited to try it out!!

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i will defend homepod until my last day - i love mine haha

18. shea

RIP Supporter

This has inspired me to redownload it and give it another shot. Last time I used it I was directed into a random neighborhood, turned around in the cul-de-sac and back out onto the street I was already on. For no reason.

TheBaroness likes this.
  19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I switched back to apple maps and I am enjoying it more now as well, just wish you could have maps in light mode if the phone is in dark mode. I don't like the dark map, haven't found a way around it.

20. RyanPm40

Hayley Williams keeps sharing screenshots from her phone in her Insta story and I keep noticing that it's always an iPhone with "5G" in the corner. But... They don't make an iPhone with 5G yet lol, do they?. Did she somehow score an early iPhone 12?

21. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Probably just the carriers pushing that to the device. Even though the device isn’t capable of 5G, she’s in an area with 5G

RyanPm40 and Jason Tate like this.
  22. RyanPm40 and scottlechowicz like this.
  23. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, my iPhone has said 5Ge on it for a while now.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. RyanPm40

Ahh ok that makes much more sense. Pretty scummy lol