Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 568

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

The jankiness of the Apple Music app on iOS 13 is really starting to piss me off, getting so many freezes and crashes lately

2. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it's been more janky than usual for me as well. Also, your profile picture reminded that The Jealous Sound exist and I need to listen to them :)

TheBaroness likes this.
  3. dorfmac

Trusted

Officially on my third set of AirPod pros. Fucking love them when they work, hopefully they will from now onz

4. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Have a love / hate relationship with my Homepods. Have one in the bathroom for just music and podcasts and that one for the most part works great. I have a stereo pair in the living room for audio output for the Apple TV and when it works, it is amazing.

However, it rarely works with YouTube and many times when starting a show it will just sit and load and never start playback. As soon as I switch the audio output back to the TV, the video immediately starts playing. From there I can usually get it back to the Homepod. For a few moments I regret everything, but then you hear the sound and it is amazing.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  5. you vandal

Regular

What's going wrong with yours?

I'm on my second pair (well left bud only). It started whistling after a workout and then just shut down completely.

6. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Oh man, I just got mine. You two are scaring me.

7. I had my right one do a weird thing where the mic was picking up a lot of sounds, but they replaced it with zero questions when I took it in.

Christian Romero likes this.
  8. you vandal

Regular

Yeah, I had no issues replacing it. They definitely seem more fragile than the original Airpods - but that is to be expected.

I wouldn't be too concerned.

9. dorfmac

Trusted

In both cases, my seal started failing which was messing up the noise cancelling. No matter what, it was impossible to pass the ear tip fit test. Both times, Apple replaced them no question, but this past time they told me that if it happens again, it must be a "biological issue." If this happens again, i look forward to calling bullshit because they fit fine for weeks, if not months, before they "break."

All that said, I wouldn't worry too much. They are awesome.

10. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I just hope they bring the noise cancelling back to what it was at launch. One of the updates made the noise cancelling less effective. It was incredible at launch.

11. If anyone thinks that the Newton is cool, this podcast does a deep dive into how and why the device didn't survive. I kind of want one!
    Flashback #1: The Newton - Relay FM

12. rxbandit89

Really enjoying them. No matter which tip I use though, my right ear never seems fully sealed off.

13. dorfmac

Trusted

does the test reflect that, too? If so, might be the issue I was having and it’s worth getting it replaced

14. rxbandit89

nope. I’ve tried all three tips, and the fit test says it’s a good seal on all of them.

15. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Christian Romero and Micool1 like this.
  16. rxbandit89

17. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

18. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

naming it the iphone 9 would be legitimately stupid

Brent, JamesMichael and pauljgreco like this.
  19. Investor update on quarterly guidance
    Our quarterly guidance issued on January 28, 2020 reflected the best information available at the time as well as our best estimates about the pace of return to work following the end of the extended Chinese New Year holiday on February 10. Work is starting to resume around the country, but we are experiencing a slower return to normal conditions than we had anticipated. As a result, we do not expect to meet the revenue guidance we provided for the March quarter due to two main factors.

Pretty crazy.

20. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Nope, still just on the website. It also seems very inaccurate foe 2020 so far. Thinks I've only listened to 3 artists in 2020..

21. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

So, this article is gaining a lot of traction in the Apple blogger circles.

The Paywalled Garden: iOS is Adware

What do we all make of it? Personally, I'm the last guy to say anything, as I'm signed up for uh, almost all of these services.

22. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Apple advertises Apple services on Apple devices

but also, you can delete almost all these apps off your phone and not get notifications. I don’t understand the angle. Of course they’re going to do this stuff. They’d be dumb not to

Anthony Brooks and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. Doesn’t bother me as much as it does others. I only use Apple Music though and don’t care about the other stuff. Hard to get my self worked up about it.

24. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I mean, they're just advertising their own services which doesn't make it feel as bad to me, personally. I have the option to not see a lot of these things as well, and really can't be bothered to be too upset about it

25. I really haven't seen any notification to use the apps from Apple that I don't currently use. I've seen a lot of people on twitter get notifications about Apple News but I haven't so it doesn't bug me much.