Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 565

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

'new device itch' is very, very real. and very, very dangerous.

Jason Tate and Deanna like this.
  2. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

I'm also running that setup right now and I love it. makes the 16" MacBook Pro feel ginormous.

3. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Auto-hide is the only way to live. A co-worker has her dock set to the left side and it drives me crazy when I have to jump on her machine

4. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

I had no idea you could hide the menu bar. I think you just changed my life.

5. mescalineeyes

my girlfriend has her dock permanently enabled on a 12" MacBook it's driving me fucking insane just knowing it. My shit's already packed tbh I can't take this any longer

6. As an editor, I live for the dock on the left (hidden still). When it’s at the bottom it always pops up while working in the timeline. Drives me and most editors I know nuts.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  7. mescalineeyes

I want to say I'm loving this Pock setup but my makeshift touchbar dock is completely unresponsive right now.

I have to say this Touchbar is dog shit lol

8. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I can't believe it took me this long to figure this out. I made the switch earlier this morning and I love it. Cleaned up my desktop completely too and it all looks so nice.

9. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

interesting. never experienced this myself, but then I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts for timeline navigation. only time I ever have the dock permanently exposed is when I'm remoting in

David Parke likes this.
  10. Hidden dock, of course (I still go with bottom position, even though I know a lot of people that go side). I don't use my dock all that much though tbh. Hidden menu bar, nevaaaaaaa. I need my time and weather (and it helps me know what app is currently active with lots of windows open).

11. mescalineeyes

Are you guys talking about video?

David Parke likes this.
  12. mescalineeyes likes this.
  13. just wait and see what that stock does once apple keeps innovating in the medical industry - shit is gonna be over $400 by the end of year

14. Ordered my AirPods pro today. Stoked

DickyCullz and sean_rugy like this.
  15. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

blast0rama, Jason Tate and pauljgreco like this.
  16. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

17. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Really hope Apple Music adds a lossless tier at some point.

Got a free trial of Amazon Music HD and while on a lot of the modern stuff you don’t notice a HUGE difference, listening to Born to Run in Ultra HD and it’s a total difference.

I’m no audiophile and typically don’t notice this stuff but the album just has more depth on Amazon and there is separation between the various parts. It’s really remarkable.

18. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I want an iPad Pro sooo bad, those things look so cool.

blast0rama and David Parke like this.
  19. Same. I keep dropping hints to my wife but we don’t REALLY have a need. Once my 2012 MBPr I’m really dies I’ll consider it but it keeps trucking.

20. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Does anybody know if it is possible to create "right click" shortcuts. For example, I download files to an external hard drive and then drag them to either a "TV" or "Movies" folder depending on what they are. Simple enough to just drag and drop but I'd love to be able to right click and choose "Move to Movies" or something.

21. Yep, create a Service using Automator.

Open Automator. Select "Quick Action."

Create something like this ...

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 11.20.45 AM.png

The result is a right click menu on files ...

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 11.21.17 AM.png

Callum Macleod and Dan CiTi like this.
  22. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Automator User Guide for Mac

Look into using the Automater to create a Quick Action to do just that.

Edit: Jason's answer is better...

Dan CiTi likes this.
  23. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I think it said if you already paid then you automatically get the feature. Although I went to restore the purchase on my iMac and it just gave me a buffer wheel that wouldn’t let me even quit the app.