Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 563

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Is there a way to increase the volume of Siri when it’s announcing messages on AirPods? I was listening to a podcast at the gym at like 80% volume but then I could barely hear what Siri was saying when reading texts that came in.

2. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

3. “hey Siri, adjust voice volume to 90%”

I think it's that iirc.

morgantayler likes this.
  4. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I’ll try this, thanks!!

5. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

6. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Wonder if we’ll get the 2020 updates for Apple Music Replay soon! Was hoping it would just keep running weekly - which their announcement of it kinda suggested. Unless I read it wrong.

Last.FM still seems to be the best way to track weekly, monthly etc and works across services. Just looks quite dated and Apple Music doesn’t do direct integration, although QuietScrob gets it there just about.

David Parke likes this.
  7. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Does the Overcast watchOS app work for anyone? This is all it shows now when I’m playing a podcast on my phone.

FC2EB128-52D9-4B11-90E5-8C13E84AB6C4.png

8. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

this happens to me from time to time. I usually have to turn my watch off to fix the issue

morgantayler likes this.
  9. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Anyone ever give this a try?

Sensei - The Next Generation Mac performance tool

I don't think it does much more than what you can find yourself by knowing where to go in Mac OS, but I do love the clean interface and all that information in a central hub. I'm not sure I want to drop $60 on it, though.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

thinkin about how great a jumbo sized leather phone case would be but for my ipad pro

11. “Set voice to 60%” works as well.

morgantayler likes this.
  12. dorfmac

Trusted

13. dorfmac

Trusted

where's the best place to sell an old macbook? i've got a late 2013 13" retina pro that i just fired up for the first time today in a while to do some non-usb-c stuff

14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'd just check out eBay or Craigslist tbh. I usually search eBay for similarly priced items and then give it a Buy It Now price that seems reasonable compared to the others

I've even sold a phone with a busted screen and broken cell antenna "as-is" for probably $100. It's surprising how many people will spend a decent amount on a piece of equipment for parts as long as you're up front about it

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I would try maybe Gazelle or Decluttr - they might offer you more than selling it publicly. I have always had the worst experiences trying to sell an electronic on something like LetGo or Facebook marketplace, because it's always people just trying to lowball you into selling it for way less than you've requested.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. dorfmac

Trusted

Gazelle doesn’t take laptops anymore, it seems. Prob just do the usual Facebook, Mercari, Craigslist nonsense.

17. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

SellYourMac has always been reliable and prompt for me in the past. You can make more on resell market though potentially.

dorfmac likes this.
  18. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Girlfriend got me the Series 5 Apple Watch for Christmas. I didn’t think I’d ever need or want one, but I love it. I’m addicted to closing my rings now. Any app suggestions?!

Christian Romero likes this.
  19. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Waterminder and Smart Gym are my other two health/workout related apps. I’m a huge fan of Smart Gym. When I got an Apple Watch, I envisioned pushing a button and then having my workout queued up for me one set at a time. Smart Gym does exactly that.

billyboatman likes this.
  20. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Ooo that sounds amazing. Thank you! Just what I was looking for.

22. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Anyone have an older iPhone (mine is a 6S) and their battery just drains CONSTANTLY? I barely even get a few hours of use anymore... my battery health is at 90%, and I’ve turned off all sorts of features to save power, but it’s barely helped. Is this just inevitable with iOS 13? I’d really rather not upgrade yet unless I have no other choice.

23. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

You can try and replace your battery at an Apple store. That would buy you some time.

iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

beachdude likes this.
  24. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  25. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

The ‘optimised charging’ feature of iOS13 really screwed me this morning when it failed to detect that I set my alarm for two hours earlier than I normally get up and I ended up having to leave for the airport with only 10% battery. I despise this feature and really hope there’s a way to turn it off in the future.