Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 555

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Setting up my wife’s 11 pro as she sleeps. The plan was to just put it in her phones place to see how long it took her to realize but stupid Face ID and Siri have to be set up BY HER. I wonder if the device-to-device restore wouldn’t require that but it estimated nearly 3 hours for that transfer and I’m sure she’ll get up at some point during that. Will update as I go! Haha

2. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Anyone else also have an aversion to in-ear headphones, but tried the AirPods Pro and liked them? I have bunch of Best Buy gift cards and I'm trying to convince myself to spring for the Pros, but I'm unsure if I'm going to be able to get used to them.

3. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

pauljgreco and zigbigwig like this.
  4. pauljgreco likes this.
  5. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

love love love shortcuts

pauljgreco likes this.
  6. arewhyayein

Regular Supporter

I've never really had an aversion to in-ear headphones, but I can say these are the most comfortable headphones I've owned, period. I think the all silicone tips help a lot. I belive bestbuy has a 14 day return policy (maybe more during the holidays?) if they're no good for you though.

rxbandit89 likes this.
  7. I've always preferred the feel of the original Airpods to any earbuds that go in my ear, but Airpods Pro really do a great job at being comfortable and not falling out of my ear. I would definitely say you should check them out.

jorbjorb and rxbandit89 like this.
  8. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

I like my Pixel 2, but everything else I have is in Apple's ecosystem, so I'm leaning towards an iPhone for my next phone. Plus I'm not a fan of how little effort Google is putting into the Pixel this gen.

jorbjorb likes this.
  9. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

hell yeah, my roommate won a 4K Apple TV at his office party. the only 4K tv is in the living room so I get to move my 4th gen into my room.

jorbjorb, pauljgreco and David Parke like this.
  10. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

That's a good reason to switch then.

jorbjorb likes this.
  11. I just Oceans 11’d it into place. Bummer about Siri and Face ID. I’d have loved for 5 mins or so to go by before she noticed. Lol.

12. Final update: only took 8+ hours but it was a sussess!
    5D0DA547-F5CE-48CE-9B7E-DC1B49560A4F.png

13. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

jorbjorb and David Parke like this.
  14. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Commit to the bit David. Really file a police report.

15. If we didn’t have a newborn and plans this morning, it’d probably go that far. Lol

jorbjorb likes this.
  16. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

David Parke likes this.
  17. I wasn’t in the room but I imagine immediately since it was naked. Lol

rxbandit89 likes this.
  18. zigbigwig Dec 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 19, 2019)
    zigbigwig

man im so bored here at the airport, think i made my coolest Shortcut yet.

basically from the widget bar you can tap “Add Movie to List” and 2 things can happen, if the movie title is in the clipboard you can use that but you also have the option of typing the title yourself. it then searches for the movie and adds it to a list on your reminder - with release date and synopsis included. im planning to add some more stuff but ive pretty much finished an MVP. i’ll send a clip later (or see it on my instagram story, @raggedybooboo - it’s so cool lol)

but here’s a screenshot

19. zigbigwig

BA2CE7F3-374A-4B3E-95BD-7C89228B343C.png

20. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

This would be cool for nights out where a friend recommends a movie that I then inevitably forget after a few beers. Please share when done! :-)

zigbigwig and David Parke like this.
  21. zigbigwig

next time im going out for drinks i am planning on doing that, like a magic trick

most shortcuts i make are importable, but this one does need 2 extra steps because to be able to pull off the search i am using a movie database (which needs an API key from a free account, and def not shareable) and the other thing is you also need to specify a reminder list. im happy to walk you through the 1st it if you want.

also has some stuff i can’t do that are unfortunately limitations of Shortcuts
    - if you search a movie with too many results, maybe 20% of the time it does not work from the widget bar (background tasking isn’t always reliable)
    - even though you can add a URL manually on a Reminder item there is currently no option to do that from Shortcuts, which sucks

22. The bots are getting better.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  23. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

The “I know, that” construction reads like Russian translation. «Я знаю, что» is how it is in Russian and I used to see English language learners whose native language was Russian frequently put an improper comma in front of “that”

24. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

What’s the purpose though? Hopes that someone will reply and then be suckered?

25. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

See with Apple Music’s Replay feature, does anybody have 10 albums in their top 10? I only have 9.

Thought maybe somehow I hadn’t listened to enough to have a top 10 - which was very unlikely. So I tested it.

Turns out that my albums change up but never add a 10th. The Band Camino’s album entered my “top 10” last week and now appears but it pushed another one out.

Found people who have the same issues but no way to fix it.