Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 554

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Upgraded my first gen iPad Pro to the 11 today. Found a great deal on eBay with the pencil and smart folio. Didn’t expect the screen to be such a noticeable improvement, I’m impressed.

jorbjorb and Christian Romero like this.
  2. arewhyayein

Regular Supporter

airpods pro are apple's most exciting product since iphone, wow wow wow

jorbjorb likes this.
  3. Iain

Regular

I am reading Bob Igers book 'The Ride of a lifetime'. His story about running Disney. Great read. He has a fair few bits about Steve Jobs:
    - The fall out of his boss and Jobs about Pixar which led to Jobs publicly shunning Disney
    - Him then trying to mend the damage between Disney and Jobs by saying he would be willing to put disney content on a new apple product (this was pre ipod with video). Steve actually flew to disney and showed him the ipod video 2 years before release.
    - loads more.

Worth a read if into that kind of thing!

David Parke and jorbjorb like this.
  4. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Ooh. I got this on sale a few weeks back for my Kindle, was looking to crack into it over the holiday. Looking forward to it!

jorbjorb and himynameisiain like this.
  5. Iain

Regular

Nice one. I am nearly finished and think its probably going to be my favourite book of the year.

jorbjorb likes this.
  6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I read the jobs, Tim Cook, and Jony Ive bios/memoirs back to back to back a few months ago and they were all good reads. That sounds like a nice addition.

himynameisiain likes this.
  7. how is Hannah liking her new machine?

8. Iain

Regular

Maybe 1/6th at a push involves Jobs significantly FYI. But the stuff it does go into is eye opening. The few pages when Steve Jobs reveals to Iger he has cancer again (before public knowledge) are interesting in so many ways. Hopefully not too many spoilers but good read.

disambigujason likes this.
  9. It is under the tree! Haha. She’s very excited.

David Parke and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  10. oh damn! can't wait to hear your and her's initial reactions haha

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. [​IMG]

jorbjorb likes this.
  12. dorfmac

Trusted

And for anyone who is into the Disney side of things, the Imagineering Project series on Disney+ is absolutely fascinating.

jorbjorb likes this.
  13. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

This makes me ill

jorbjorb likes this.
  14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

fuck

15. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I unexpectedly received a $400 visa gift card so I’m thinking AirPod Pros are going to be a purchase in the near future

16. zigbigwig Dec 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 15, 2019)
    zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

anyone messing around with Toolbox Pro (supplement tool for Shortcuts)? premium version is 5.99 but i like it a lot

lots of multiple features that native Shortcuts doesn't support. the one i'm playing around rn is the OCR. basically i was able to make a shortcut that converts a captured image to text, and then checks the prices of the that item in another store. helps when i'm trying to see if item i'm buying is priced reasonably (like a board game, etc)

17. Watched the first episode of For All Mankind last night and thoroughly enjoyed it!

PatRFinley and Jason Tate like this.
  18. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

For All Mankind might be my favorite show on right now.

David Parke likes this.
  19. Girlfriend got me AirPods Pro yesterday (I guess I'm loved!) and they're fantastic. The noise cancellation works really well on the train and transparency mode blows my mind at how well it works. Regular AirPods are great, until I had to be on the train every day. These AirPods Pro are perfect now and are probably my favorite thing I own now.

20. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Got my Xmas bonus and I'm trying really hard to talk myself out of getting an iPhone 11 pro to replace my Pixel 2.

21. 333 GANG

ACAB

[​IMG]

22. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

It’s very good.

23. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Does the Pixel 2 work well for you? Save your money unless you need it.

24. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Is there a simple way to record screen and audio on a mac? My gf is trying to screen capture a video for kids who missed a lesson but getting the audio to show up is proving to be difficult

25. How to record the screen on your Mac

I thought this got audio too but not certain.