Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 553

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Never done wireless charging with either my current or last phone (both with the capability for it). Maybe I'll ask for a wireless charger for Christmas.

David Parke likes this.
  2. dorfmac

Trusted

my bmw is a 2017 and has wireless CarPlay, so I’m sure that by now with 2020s coming out for all makes there is a much wider selection of wireless options

3. Ugh my 2020 Subaru did not come with Wireless Carplay.

4. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I definitely want CarPlay in my next car.

5. it's amazing

JamesMichael likes this.
  6. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

My parents just got a new car the other day and I got to use CarPlay for the first time. I never want to use a car without it again.

7. Jason Tate likes this.
  8. I will NEVER own a Mac Pro. But I want to have one for a day just to look at haha

PatRFinley likes this.

David Parke and Zoshchenko like this.
  10. Fucked around with a config for a Mac Pro I like ... my final price:

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 12.01.38 PM.png

And the monitor:

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 12.02.30 PM.png

$19,797

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Holy shit balls.

11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

jeeeeeeesssssssusssss, that was the price of my car:crylaugh:

Dirty Sanchez and jorbjorb like this.
  12. jorbjorb

7 rings

13. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

jorbjorb likes this.
  14. Wow now I don't think any other Apple computer is expensive ahah

jorbjorb and pauljgreco like this.
  15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

and the strategy is revealed hahaha

16. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I want one ffs.

jorbjorb likes this.
  17. I think that I'm going to try getting into RSS to lay off of Twitter a bit and make sure I get all of the articles I want. I'm leaning towards using the app Reeder but was wondering if anyone else has thoughts?

pauljgreco and Jason Tate like this.
  18. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I use Reeder on Mac and Unread on iOS. I've also used Fiery Feeds on iOS. Reeder does take a while when it comes to updates, but I've found it's still a pretty solid app.

19. I think that's the one to go with for a very good, simple, well designed app.

I currently use ReadKit on the Mac (because I want to use Pocket with it + need smart folders for organizing stuff to post on this website), and I use FieryFeeds on iOS because it has way, way, way too many customizable options but it works really well for my workflow in the same way.

20. Okay, cool! Thanks! All I think I'll be doing is subscribing to a handful of websites and probably syncing Instapaper with it as well.

I'll look into Reeder and Fiery Feeds! I think those are the ones that I've heard about the most. I know that Reeder does have a reputation of being slow with updates, but I absolutely adore the look of the app from what I've seen. I'll mainly be using this stuff on iOS.

Deanna likes this.
  21. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I wonder if I'd read my articles in Pocket more consistently if I had them in with my RSS app. Looks like Reeder only supports Instapaper though. Might have to check out ReadKit.

Jason Tate and Christian Romero like this.
  22. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

I’ve been using Reeder (with a Feedbin back end, once Google Reader died-RIP) since the app came out. Definitely my favorite to use for all things RSS.

I can see why people like Fiery Feeds, but it’s TOO much to toggle for me.

Jason Tate and Christian Romero like this.
  23. CapnJazzHandz

Regular Supporter

Feedly is the best RSS reader since Google Reader folded imo

Christian Romero likes this.
  24. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Got to messing around with new update for Drafts for macOS which now allows you to use actions.

This is amazing, and now has me wondering why I use Ulysses to update my blog.

Only gripe I have right now is my Fantastical action doesn't work, but it's not Drafts fault - the URL schemes are slightly different between the macOS and iOS versions.

jorbjorb and Jason Tate like this.
  25. Been meaning to play around with the new Drafts for Mac, still one of my most used iOS apps.

blast0rama and jorbjorb like this.