Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 552

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Brent likes this.
  2. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Worked out with the Apple Watch for the first time tonight. It gave me a BPM of 165 just a minute after I started running and stayed that high the whole workout/into the locker room. I was actually floating around 95-100 BPM. Anyone else have this issue? Would be bummed if I have to switch to my Fitbit for workouts since that gives me a much more accurate read.

3. Drew Beringer likes this.
  4. trevorshmevor likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

if that's the case they better speed up how long it takes these wireless pads to fully charge your phone

6. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Difficult to use a phone while charging on wireless, though, unless the expectation is you remove it from the charging pad each time you need to use it.

trevorshmevor and QueSuertejazz like this.
  7. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Unless the "wireless" is tethered to the phone somehow, I'm not sure why I'd want to not be able to use my phone when it's charging!

trevorshmevor and disambigujason like this.
  8. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I have a series 2 and mine has always been super accurate. What band do you use?

9. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

This is just my personal use-case, but the battery on my phone lasts so easily through a full day now, and I wirelessly charge my phone every night so I don't really think I care either way. I haven't used my lightning port once in the two months I've owned this phone.

There will be major backlash though, of course.

333 GANG and pauljgreco like this.
  10. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

So my dad is a moron.

He bought a new 27" i5 9th gen for full price.... when I told him I could get that same system, refurb'd (same warranty) and with my military discount for almost $600 off the price he paid, and arriving Monday (instead of the 17th, for whatever reason), but said no thanks.

:-|

11. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I don’t see the point of going 100% wireless charging unless they’re using the spot where the lighting port is for something mind-blowing, otherwise, why wouldn’t you at least give people the option of plugging in? Not to mention it can be a struggle to find a fast, reliable wireless charging pad, and it doesn’t look like Apple’s entering that space any time soon. In my opinion, the whole wireless charging thing has been a bit of a bust in that it doesn’t offer a superior experience or greater convenience than cable charging.

12. I definitely like wireless charging. But I could also easily go without it haha so I agree

13. 333 GANG

ACAB

I haven’t charged my iPhone 11 even once with a cable, wireless charging only. Can’t imagine not having it now.

David Parke and pauljgreco like this.
  14. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I place my phone on my wireless charger every night and it blows my mind that people don't LOVE doing that

15. I’ve got Qi chargers at work, home, and in the car. It’s incredibly convenient and my phone is never low — unless I’m at Disneyland all day. I’m still on an X and I bring a battery backup I use to plug in at Disneyland but sounds like I wouldn't need that with the latest gen devices. Got my wife an 11 pro for Christmas. Stoked to give it the Disneyland test. She’ll definitely put it thru it’s paces since we’ll have 2 kids by the time we make it to the parks again!

pauljgreco likes this.
  16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

David Parke and Christian Romero like this.
  17. Brent and David Parke like this.
  18. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

"Did you get the new iPhone?"
    "Yep"
    "It's iPhone 12 now, right?"
    "Nah, it's 9"
    "Huh?"
    "I know."

David Parke likes this.
  19. 100% Wireless charging without a Lightning port would kill Carplay in every car right?

20. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Wireless Carplay exists, although in a very limited capacity. It would force the hand of manufacturers to update their systems, in every car, and probably for existing buyers who currently have plugged CarPlay as well. The more you dissect it, it's just not feasible even in the near future. Although this is only rumored for the highest-end model and not all models, so who knows.

21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Would I just get a Qi to USB charger for my car and would CarPlay work through Bluetooth?

22. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

No, the data that is transferred via the lightning port is not transmitted through wireless charging

23. Just looked it up and only Select Audi, BMW and Mini's do right now. Not sure if thats changed or not recently

24. cryates Dec 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 6, 2019)
    cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Wireless CarPlay doesn’t work via Bluetooth solely. Bluetooth is not enough to send that amount of data back and forth. Your stereo that supports wireless CarPlay will have built in WiFi that your phone will access to transmit the CarPlay data. My aftermarket stereo does wireless CarPlay so my phone just connects via the built in WiFi each time. Obviously you could still charge on a Qi pad in your car at the same time.