Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 551

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Picked up some AirPods pro for my wife today - she’s gonna be so stoked

2. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

If anyone is interested I’m selling my wireless Powerbeats Pros in black. Not because of any functionality issues, just because I’m finding I have less and less time to use them. They work great and I haven’t had any problems with them. Looking for $175, PM me if you’re interested.

jorbjorb and Drew Beringer like this.
  4. I'm on the iPhone upgrade program and I just became eligible. There's a tiny crack in the bottom of the camera of my XS but otherwise it's flawless cosmetically. Any insight on whether Apple will make me pay the repair fee?

5. SmithBerryCrunch Nov 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 27, 2019)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Just ordered two series 3 42mm Apple Watches for $160 each from Walmart's Black Friday deal. Excited for my first smart watch!

Edit: wow I got lucky lol. They sold out in like 1 minute.

David Parke and Brent like this.
  6. Iain

Regular

I know I’m probably late to the party on this one. But two people using AirPods being able listen/ watch the same thing on one iPad for example is great!!!

8. we bought my mom a series 5 Apple Watch (her first watch ever) and my father a new iPad 7th gen and seeing their reactions is better than any gift I could ever receive.

9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

d'awwwww

Drew Beringer likes this.
  10. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Think I’m swinging for the series 5 watch. Does anyone have the GPS version and regret not getting cellular? Can’t convince myself to shell out the extra hundo

11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Just picked up an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Goodbye, 6S. You served me well. Gonna take me some time to get used to this size.

Christian Romero likes this.
  12. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I have the cellular version and regret not getting the GPS only version.

It won't take long honestly.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Also fuck Walmart. They shipped one of my two Apple Watch orders but I got an email this morning that they cancelled the other order because they are out of stock. Even though the order went through and I got the confirmation and everything. So I just went to Best Buy and bought one lol YOLO.

14. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Thank you king, bought

15. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I’ve never really wished i had cellular because i never have my watch without my phone unless I’m jogging outside. Which is never these days.

16. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Thinking of upgrading my moms air 2 for Christmas this year. Been eyeing the iPad 2019 10.2 as an option because it’s a great looking deal. Just don’t know if it’s much of an upgrade because the air 2 still works pretty good. Any opinions?

17. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Anyone with the series 5 watch in 40mm cellular, how’s the battery life go with the always on display? Battery life on my series 4 is pretty bad (more than 5% discharge per hour at times) and I want the always on display but not if it’s going to substantially shorten the daily battery life.

18. I don't have a Series 5 but I've heard that the battery life has gotten way better with the always on display since the recent software updates. I've heard most people having a decent amount of battery at the end of the day but I don't think that it would be able to last a full two days.

TheBaroness likes this.
  19. you vandal

Regular

I have a Series 5 - Take it off the dock around 7am each morning and put it back on around 11 - Usually have 30-40% battery at the end of the day. Definitely can't go two days, but you'll have no problem making it through the day.

TheBaroness likes this.
  20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Could it be possible something is up with your watch? I have a day one series 4 and I have no issues with battery. My typical use during the week is 6:30 am to about 11pm with somewhat heavy use. Even had a couple of instances where I’ve gone over 24 hours without charging and it didn’t die on me

21. I have a Series 3 that i got around launch and i use it frequently and get at least a day and a half battery after 2 years of use. I wear it to sleep cause i prefer the alarm to go off on my arm.

morgantayler likes this.
  22. I don't have a cellular model, but I've been wearing mine for ~11 hrs and my battery is at 68%.

TheBaroness likes this.
  23. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I have the Series 5 44mm. I end the day with anywhere from 20-50%. 20% range on days where I’m using just cellular and GPS (sometimes) for hour-long workouts while streaming media, and 50% on days where I do light workouts with no cellular use.

TheBaroness likes this.
  24. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I think it’s an ongoing software issue or something, I do a hard reset and it fixes it for about a week then it starts draining again

25. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I have the S5 cellular and I always have theatre mode on by default so not exactly what you’re looking for but I’m usually around 50% a day and I wear mine while sleeping usually. I charge it maybe every two to three days at work at my desk

TheBaroness likes this.