Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 549

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. I like it too - a lot more than iTunes - I’m just annoyed it’s not signing me in and I can’t listen to my music on my iMac haha

phaynes12 likes this.
  2. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

cool I just said I don't think it's a rewrite as it seems to have a lot of the same bugs

3. mescalineeyes

transparency mode basically amplifies the sounds around you so you can hear it over your music. "off" just doesn't do anything.

pauljgreco likes this.
  4. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I don't have a pair so I can't attest to how it sounds, but transparency mode is supposed to use the microphones on the AirPods and make the sound louder than if they were just off, so you're able to hear everything louder and have it cut through the music you are playing.

5. Off is the same as old AirPods, they’re just plugs in your ears. Transparency let’s sound in and filters it. Basically AR for your ears.

Truly awesome stuff.

pauljgreco and Drew Beringer like this.
  6. mescalineeyes

AR for your ears is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

pauljgreco likes this.
  7. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Huh. Will have to spend some time dicking around with it then and see. Also how can I get Siri to be louder when reading my messages? Guess turn volume up when she’s talking? But seems like such a small window to be able to find my phone and do that

8. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

9. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Purely by definition it’s a good comparison.

10. mescalineeyes

I don’t think so as the function of transparency mode is precisely not to alter your reality but make you aware of it. Like I get it that you have one “artificial” feed of music or a podcast and the real world being piped in but they don’t interact in any meaningful way, whereas the whole point of AR is the, uh, augmentation of reality.

anyway it’s just one of these gruberisms that sounds smarter than it really is upon any sort of scrutiny.

11. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I wasn’t going to do this but:

aug·men·ted re·al·i·ty
    noun

1. a technology that superimposes a computer-generated image on a user's view of the real world, thus providing a composite view.
    Again, by definition I think “AR for your ears” is a good take.

David Parke likes this.
  12. catalina 10.15.1 essentially broke the music app for me - can't wait till Apple engineers start making stable software again

David Parke likes this.
  13. Glad I’ve stayed off Catalina so far. It seems very .. iffy.

Drew Beringer likes this.
  14. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Me too. I've learned to wait a while after an update a couple of years ago broke all of my ssh pubic key authentications. That sucked.

15. Does Apple still offer a friends/family discount for employees on new Mac purchases?

We're going to have to look into upgrading Hannah's MacBook very soon and after a wedding could use any savings we can find. :crylaugh:

David Parke and Christian Romero like this.
  16. Yes

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. Going to go with the 16 inch? Or wait for *hopefully* a 14 inch?

18. She wants the 16.

Christian Romero likes this.
  19. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

20. I've really enjoyed Apple Maps since they've been updating it. Glad to see them updating with new areas relatively quickly.

21. Drew Baldy

Trusted

This is probably going to sound like a really dumb question, but I’ve had an iPhone for years and have never utilized the iCloud.

Recently, i ran out of room on my phone and needed to make some room so I wanted to transfer my pictures to iCloud. I don’t think I had it set up where they would automatically save over there and couldn’t figure out how to specifically transfer them over there.

So, instead of looking it up I just selected all of my photos and made an “link” and they all showed up in my iCloud when I checked it. So, when I saw that they were all safely put on there I deleted them off of my phone.

However, I did not realize there was a difference between “shared iCloud links” and just your actual photos on iCloud. So, now when I went back on to check it I noticed that there is an expiration date on the link and when I looked it up it said that they would no longer be available December 18th.

I cannot figure out how to put these pictures from the link into my permanent iCloud photo album and now I’m terrified I’m gonna lose them all.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

(and to answer the question I’m sure I will get, I deleted the photos out of the recently deleted album already)

22. Click the link on your device, it'll open up a page and have a blue button that says "add" and then click that to add them into your library. Or if you click the link on a Mac, you'll get a big "Download" button and you can download all the images to your computer and add them into your library again.

23. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Thank you so much

24. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I've had a battery case for every phone model i've had, and i've always felt they've come in super handy when i needed them while traveling or spending an entire day out without direct access to my car charger or a charger in general.

That said, hell no will i be paying $129 for it, theres always a $40-60 range model that does just fine on amazon somewhere

Christian Romero likes this.