Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 546

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Glad to know I wasn’t the only one who thought this haha. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t do a deep Google search for those headphones after the first time I watched it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Tried the AirPods Pro on a plane over the weekend and while they don’t cut out 100% of the engine noise like say an over ear headphone (Bose QC etc), the anc is more than adequate to ensure you can hear your music or podcast clearly without needing to crank the volume to unhealthy levels.

Also, I reckon they’re the best pair of ‘workout’ headphones I’ve ever tried - noise blocking without feeling suffocating or hot in the ear canal, they stay in my ears really well without need for adjustment, and transparency mode is a godsend for keeping track of traffic when out jogging

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

every time i see “definitely maybe” i think of Oasis and not some shitty ryan reynolds romcom

4. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

It’s a solid romcom

QueSuertejazz and Jason Tate like this.
  5. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Does anybody have a good rec for a 4K monitor to pair with a 2019 MBP?

6. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Definitely an underrated movie. Maybe.

David Parke and Jason Tate like this.
  7. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Don’t remember the headphone part though

8. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

yeah the LG Ultrafine is my pick, but The Wirecutter has some other stuff that's apparently as good or better:

The Best 4K Monitors for 2019

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  9. Apple refreshes its privacy site with new technical whitepapers – TechCrunch
    For the fourth year in a row, Apple has updated its privacy pages.

Every year, the tech giant refreshes the privacy portion of its website — usually a month or so after its product launches — to keep customers up to date with its latest features and technologies. Since its fight with the FBI, which saw federal agents try to force Apple to create an iPhone backdoor to get the contents of a terrorist’s phone, Apple ditched its historically secretive ways and went full-disclosure on its security and privacy practices.

Its privacy pages have evolved to house the tech giant’s various commitments to privacy, but also user tips and tricks and its twice-yearly transparency report detailing the number of government demands for data it receives.

This year — and for the first time — Apple has published several technical whitepapers detailing how some of its most popular technologies work. So far, the company has released whitepapers on Safari, Photos, Location Services and Sign in with Apple — which all saw privacy enhancements this year.

10. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

11. Never used it. Gonna look at it today.

12. Airpod Pros come tomorrow. Very excited. The gym has been getting louder so that noise cancellation is going to come in handy

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. 13.2.2 is out.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  14. The 13.3 Beta just became available for me. Not sure how long its been available.

15. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Initially thought someone stole my airpods package because UPS said delivered but they were nowhere in sight. They turned up hours later after I started the process of contacting Apple to say I never got them. Today, another airpods package showed up.

I have to return these, right?

16. AirPods for everyone!

David Parke likes this.
  17. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Send them to me and I will return them for you... I live super close to an Apple store so it won't be a problem and you'll never have to think about it again.

David Parke, cryates and JayLightBeer like this.
  18. Not a normal situation with packages but not a hard one to fix. Integrity says send back, but do they really know they sent 2? Are they going to hunt you down for that 1 set? Probably not. May be good karma paying you back.

19. ECV Nov 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 7, 2019)
    Got Apple TV+ for free with my Apple Music sub so I threw Morning Show on tonight. It really is pretty badly written. Probably gonna finish it, but yeah, considering the talent, the writing really leaves a lot to be desired.

pauljgreco likes this.
  20. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

^^^

21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

pretty sure morning show was already shooting s2. have to imagine this was gonna be the case regardless since it would look pretty bad to cancel a launch show right away, but i am a little surprised it’s a week after launch

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Hell yes more Dickinson, please. Now.

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Welp, I’m returning my AirPods Pro. I love literally everything about them except that they hurt me. I’ve used in-ear buds that were painful at first, and I later seemingly adjusted to (Powerbeats Pro come to mind), but these are just not getting any more comfortable to wear. The fit is snug in the ear canal but I think the much bigger plastic “bulb” on the outside is causing some pain to my cartilage. I’ve tried all three tips, and still they’re painful after only about 10 minutes of use, which leads me to believe it’s the bigger plastic portion against the ear giving me problems. I wanted to love these, and do in a ton of ways, but they aren’t worth the discomfort. I’d generally say these are perfect headphones, but not perfect for my ears. Back to my regular AirPods.

macbethfan, Jason Tate and jorbjorb like this.